Fórum

Add new Language to liferay

Muhammad U K, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Add new Language to liferay

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 24/06/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi guys:
I am working with the latest version "Liferay-portal-6.0.26:. I would like to translate Liferay to a new Indian language(Malayalam). I added file Language_ml_IN.properties under portal-impl/contents.Also update locale entries in portal.properties file, and restart the server.

The language portlet display the new language as Malayalam(India). when I clicked the link Firefox shows the error "The page isn't redirecting properly" and the URI is something like this
"http://localhost:8080/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/ml/".

Please help me to solve this problem...........

In liferay version 5.3.2 it is working fine..

Thanks in advance....

Muhammad
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: Add new Language to liferay

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1668 Data de Entrada: 15/07/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Muhammad,

you are missing several steps, such as adding the language to the portal.properties and to the web.xml.

By the way, we would be very happy to add Malayalam to the core of Liferay. Would you like to contribute your translation? You would have mainly two benefits:
- more people from the community will help you with the translation
- you don't have to customize liferay to support this language, it is there out of the box.

I could add the language myself to the core if you create an LPS ticket (issues.liferay.com), attach there your language_ml_in.properties.native and click on "Contribute solution". However, tomorrow is the last day before GA, so... this could be available in liferay 6.0GA if you do all this tomorrow or today. It is very important that if you do it, then you post a message here letting me know that you did it so that we can make it on time.

Chers!
Anish Somadevan, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 21/02/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi Julio,

I would like to add a new language "Tamil" to Liferay. I am not able to find the LPS ticket URL. Could you please direct me ?

Anish
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Anish Somadevan:
I would like to add a new language "Tamil" to Liferay. I am not able to find the LPS ticket URL. Could you please direct me ?

Hi Anish,

In case the language you'd like to add to Liferay is not already part of the product (or the source), please go to https://issues.liferay.com, log in (or create an account) and file such an issue as Julio has suggested and upload an initial version of your translation. Since the time of Julio's answer, the translation mechanism changed and the file is named Language_*.properties (no more *.native), of course with your language/country code instead of the asterisk.

Once it's in, more translation can be edited through pootle on http://translate.liferay.com