Fórum

6.2.ga4 sdk won't build (SOLVED)

gordon daniels, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

6.2.ga4 sdk won't build (SOLVED)

Liferay Master Postagens: 797 Data de Entrada: 24/08/08 Postagens Recentes
I am getting an error message that I've not seen before:

Parallel execution with configuration on demand is an incubating feature.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Task 'Menu"' not found in root project 'sdk6.4'.

* Try:
Run gradlew tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

thanks
thumbnail
Ramalingaiah Dudidmetle, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: 6.2.ga4 sdk won't build

Expert Postagens: 486 Data de Entrada: 16/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi gordon daniels,

you have a tomcat problem or eclipse ,

regards and thanks,
RAm

thanks for your reply. I am using the 6.2.ga4 tomcat bundle to test. I've never seen this issued before.

The 6.2ga4 bundle is running fine. The sdk is confgured with the build.root.properties. But every time I try to create a theme, I ge the above error. Any thoughts - ideas on what might be causing this?

thanks
thumbnail
Jan Geißler, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 735 Data de Entrada: 05/07/11 Postagens Recentes
Maven or Ant build?

Hi Jan,
Ant build. thanks
thumbnail

try the ant targets: deploy or war.

thanks for hanging in there with me! I am trying to create a theme. So, I give the './create.sh test "Test" to create theme. That is when I am getting message.
thumbnail

try
"ant deploy"

I am not a developer but I have 7 years experience in creating themes with LR. But I have neve had this before. Here is output using ant deploy

Buildfile: /home/sdk6.4/themes/build.xml
[mkdir] Created dir: /home/sdk6.4/.ivy
[get] Getting: http://mirrors/cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-snapshots-ce/com/liferay/org.apache.ivy/2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
[get] To: /home/sdk6.4/.ivy/ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
Unable to obtain resource from /home/sdk6.4/.ivy/ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
[taskdef] Unable to obtain resource from /home/sdk6.4/.ivy/ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar:
[taskdef] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
[taskdef] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
[taskdef] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:215)
[taskdef] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:145)
[taskdef] at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:154)
[taskdef] at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:118)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.getResourceURL(AntClassLoader.java:1006)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.findNextResource(AntClassLoader.java:149)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader$ResourceEnumeration.<init>(AntClassLoader.java:110)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.findResources(AntClassLoader.java:953)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader.getNamedResources(AntClassLoader.java:922)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.loader.AntClassLoader5.getResources(AntClassLoader5.java:58)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.resourceToURLs(Definer.java:360)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Definer.execute(Definer.java:246)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[taskdef] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:435)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:168)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ImportTask.importResource(ImportTask.java:230)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ImportTask.execute(ImportTask.java:162)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:168)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ImportTask.importResource(ImportTask.java:230)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.ImportTask.execute(ImportTask.java:162)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
[taskdef] at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:179)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:93)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:826)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:235)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280)
[taskdef] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)
[taskdef] Could not load definitions from resource org/apache/ivy/ant/antlib.xml. It could not be found.

BUILD FAILED
/home/sdk6.4/themes/build.xml:5: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/sdk6.4/build-common-plugins.xml:5: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/sdk6.4/build-common.xml:60: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/sdk6.4/build-common-ivy.xml:607: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/sdk6.4/build-common-ivy.xml:518: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/sdk6.4/build-common-ivy.xml:545: Problem: failed to create task or type antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant:settings
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.
No types or tasks have been defined in this namespace yet

This appears to be an antlib declaration.
Action: Check that the implementing library exists in one of:
-/usr/share/ant/lib
-/root/.ant/lib
-a directory added on the command line with the -lib argument

Total time: 1 second

Here is why I am perplexed. I have two servers that I test LR on. I can launch 6.2 ga3 and corresponding sdk, and build a theme with no problems. But I cannot create the basic setup with 6.2 ga4. So, I am stumped.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Looks like perhaps your ivy repo is either incomplete or corrupted. Does the file /home/sdk6.4/.ivy/ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar exist? Can you open it with a zip tool and verify it is valid?

Hi David! Long time no talk. Thank you for your reply. Yes that file is corrupted. I've downloaded the sdk from sourceforge three times and it does not work. So, I guess will try again.

thanks again and hope all is well with you.

Jan: thanks for your help. The ant deploy helped to trouble shoot.

Well, downloading the sdk for the sixth time, did not help. Still have the same problem. Has anyone run ant against the sdk 6.2.3.ga4?
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
gordon daniels:
Well, downloading the sdk for the sixth time, did not help. Still have the same problem. Has anyone run ant against the sdk 6.2.3.ga4?

Hey gordon - what happens if you try to download the file at this url (notice the weird "mirrors" at the front) using curl or wget?

http://mirrors/cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-snapshots-ce/com/liferay/org.apache.ivy/2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar

On my system, that fails due to an http error, so then ivy moves on to try:

http://cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-snapshots-ce/com/liferay/org.apache.ivy/2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar

I am wondering if your ISP or networking config causes that malformed URL starting with mirrors/ to actually resolve to something, such as a web page with advertising on it (due to your ISP or network config hijacking DNS requests). Then the "file" is downloaded and tried to unzip, which fails because it's a web page and not a zip file?

Just a random thought. I discovered my ISP does the same thing, so if I go to "http://mirrors" I get a "helpful" not found page, with advertising on it.

One workaround would be to download the "real" file from the URL without mirrors in it, and manually overwrite the file in that .ivy directory.

Hi James. thanks for the reply. I will give it a try. I am the 'isp' so that is not the problem. As stated above I can launch 6.2.ga3 sdk with no problems. There is definitely something specific to this sdk. I can not unzip the ';jar' file, it indicates corruption.

I definitely will try your suggestions and post back the results.
thanks again
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Just a random thought. I discovered my ISP does the same thing, so if I go to "http://mirrors" I get a "helpful" not found page, with advertising on it.

Yeah, I mean, who would expect an ISP's DNS to understand how to go to "http://mirrors"?

BTW, TWC does the same advertising redirect.

I downloaded the file but still get the same error message. James: are we sure there isn't something wrong with that file?
thumbnail

gordon daniels:
I downloaded the file but still get the same error message. James: are we sure there isn't something wrong with that file?

The file appears uncorrupted to me. I used wget to download it and then unzip -t to test it.

$ wget 'http://cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-snapshots-ce/com/liferay/org.apache.ivy/2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar'
$ unzip -t org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Can you attach the file contents that results when you download from http://cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-snapshots-ce/com/liferay/org.apache.ivy/2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar

Does it appear to be a jar file at all? like, the first few bytes of the file are the magic numbers for a zip file? (PK..).

You can discover this using unix's "od" command. Notice the first byte of the file contains the ascii characters 'P' and 'K' (as in Phil Katz the inventor of the zip file format):

$ od -c org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar |head -1
0000000 P K 003 004 024 \0 \b \b \b \0 370 260 217 F \0 \0

James: I really appreciate your help. Nothing works. The 'od' command outputs 'no such file or directory'. I can unzip the dowloaded file but when I try to use it I get the error 'unable to open zip file'

I've taken up so much of your time. I guess I will stick with ga3 for now (even though that is a horrible release). I just cannot understand why ga4 is not working.
Thanks again.
thumbnail

If you join the IRC channel we can screen share and figure it out realtime. It's gotta be something easy!

James: thank you for the kind offer. It looks to me as if something having to do with gradle is causing the problem. For the time being, I am giving up. It really shouldn't be this hard. Especially, for someone with my LR experience.

thanks again for all your help. I really appreciated it.
thumbnail
Ramalingaiah Dudidmetle, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 486 Data de Entrada: 16/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi gordon daniels,
this is problem in eclipse,
please prosent remove eclipse ,
eclipse zip file extractor,
then it is work,
some time happened in network problem,

thanks and regards
Ram

Ram: thanks for the reply. I am not using eclipse, just ant. Are you saying inside ant there is an eclipse file I need to remove?
thumbnail
Walter Christian Guardia Casas, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 127 Data de Entrada: 05/05/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

I had the same problem and I solved it doing theses steps:

• Download the file from the URL: http://cdn.repository.liferay.com/nexus/content/repositories/liferay-snapshots-ce/com/liferay/org.apache.ivy/2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
  • Copy the file: org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar to the directory of SDK: \liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\.ivy
  • Delete the JAR ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar (because it was corrupted)
  • Rename the JAR copied (org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar) to ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar

I tried again and it works.

Thank you

Walter: thanks for the tip.
Olgun YILDIZ, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 18/02/15 Postagens Recentes
These also solved my service builder problem. thx guys
gordon daniels:
Walter: thanks for the tip.
Julie Reier, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 10/02/16 Postagens Recentes
I'm setting up the Liferay IDE for the first time. When I try to create a Liferay Portal project, I get the build-common-ivy.xml:81: HTTP Authorization failure. Then, when I try to download org.apache.ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar from the repository using wget, I also get an authentication failure. Any help getting this going is greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
Indranil Bose, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: 6.2.ga4 sdk won't build (SOLVED)

Junior Member Postagens: 37 Data de Entrada: 07/05/14 Postagens Recentes
Are you behind a HTTP proxy? If yes, then you need to allow it to connect to the Liferay repository.
Sumanth Kulkarni, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 20/02/15 Postagens Recentes
Thanks

Hi i was also facing build fail issue issue. It is working fine now.
Copied \ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar to
liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2\.ivy\ivy-2.4.0.LIFERAY-PATCHED-1-SNAPSHOT.jar

It turned out my 'ulimit' on Ubuntu needed to be increased. Once I did that, then it worked.

Thanks to Jan, David, and James for your help.
thumbnail

Ah, ulimit issues...

Not enough open file handles? Was your previous limit set too low?

David: It was set to '1024'. Not enough for all the things I was doing. :-)
Raj Jar, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: 6.2.ga4 sdk won't build on MacBook OSX

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 06/10/15 Postagens Recentes
Dear All,

I am trying to install liferay on my MacBook and I get errors when I try to create a new “Liferay Plugin Project”.

I have the following setup:
- MacBook - OSX 10.10.3
- Java version - java version "1.8.0_60"
- echo $JAVA_HOME - /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_60.jdk/Contents/Home

I have downloaded latest files from liferay as below:
- liferay-ide-eclipse-macosx-x64-2.2.4-ga5-201507230603.tar.gz
- liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2-ce-ga4-20150416163831865.zip
- liferay-portal-tomcat-6.2-ce-ga4-20150416163831865.zip

After setting up the server on eclipse, when I try to create a new "My Hello World" “Liferay Plugin Project”, I get the below error:

[Console output redirected to file:/Users/rajshetgar/Documents/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/com.liferay.ide.sdk.core/sdk.log]
Parallel execution with configuration on demand is an incubating feature.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Task 'Hello' not found in root project 'liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2'.

* Try:
Run gradlew tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 9.903 secs

Apologies if this has already been solved, but I am unable to solve this problem on a Mac. Any help is highly appreciated as I am new to liferay.

Thanks,
Rajjar
thumbnail
Rachid EL MAAZOUZ, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 11/03/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
The ivy jar in the .ivy durectory (.ivy directory under the sdk path) is damaged from source,
So download the ivy from apache and substitute that jar with the one extracted from the download. This solution worked for me after several tries and debugging configurations.
Good luck