Fórum

Which version of liferay supports IE11

Albert Devarajan, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Which version of liferay supports IE11

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 29/04/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I could hear a lot of news related to liferay not being supported with IE11 . Could anyone suggest or advise whether this issue have been rectified or will it be supported in the upcoming version ?
thumbnail
Miroslav Ligas, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Which version of liferay supports IE11

Regular Member Postagens: 152 Data de Entrada: 29/07/14 Postagens Recentes
IE11 is a supported browser for Liferay 6.2

Miroslav Ligas:

Thanks Ligas,But there seems to be some issues with Liferay 6.2 not compatible with IE11. Have this been rectified in 6.2 GA4?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
anything that you can point to specifically? It's hard to guess. If someone claims that it works and you'll come with a counter-example then, everybody looks bad.

However, as IE11 is among the supported browsers for 6.2, issues with it will typically be fixed. If you're on EE this will even be within the agreed service level, otherwise most likely in the next GA.

Olaf Kock:
anything that you can point to specifically? It's hard to guess. If someone claims that it works and you'll come with a counter-example then, everybody looks bad.

However, as IE11 is among the supported browsers for 6.2, issues with it will typically be fixed. If you're on EE this will even be within the agreed service level, otherwise most likely in the next GA.

Thanks Olaf Kock, I am using the LIferay 6.2 GA4 CE
thumbnail

Albert Devarajan:
Thanks Olaf Kock, I am using the LIferay 6.2 GA4 CE

Thanks Albert, but I was rather looking for some specific problems you may have found with IE (the Liferay version then helps reproducing) or if you were only asking "in general" if it's supported.

"it's supported", yes. Does this mean it's guaranteed error-free? no. But only problems that have been named and pointed to have a chance to be fixed. As long as we don't get to know the problems, odds are nobody is working on them. When you stated (earlier) that there were "some issues" - which did you have in mind?
Linus Sphinx, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 99 Data de Entrada: 12/08/10 Postagens Recentes
Miroslav Ligas:

That's a lie, there have been three entire releases of 6.2 that won't work with, "msie", in the user agent string and with it spew un-matched double quotes here and there. How can you even pretend to say it supports ANY version of IE much less edge like that?
thumbnail

Linus Sphinx:
How can you even pretend to say it supports ANY version of IE much less edge like that?

Relax. It's actually easy to claim that IE is supported - check these documents and you'll find the officially supported browsers in Liferay 6.1 and 6.2 EE. No need to even pretend.

You seem to think that "supported" means "everything works and I can blame anybody for anything I'm unhappy with". This is what I'd like to suggest you correct your vocabulary or expectation:

"Supported" actually means that you can file issues against this version, give steps to reproduce your problems. If you're running EE they will be fixed, and there's even a service level. If you're running CE there's no service level, but odds are that the next update will have the release - provided that you lobby well for your issue. This is best done by being friendly around people, providing constructive feedback and good issue reports. In fact, a good report might trigger other community member's help to fix the issue so that you don't have to wait until the next release.

This meaning of "supported" is opposed to "unsupported": IE 5 is unsupported - that is "if you report an issue with IE5, it probably won't get fixed"

Smile - it makes life easier and more enjoyable.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought supporting a client, means it actually works with the client and not just turn it into a steaming pile of fail.
thumbnail

Can you point me to the issue in question, rather than just trolling around?

Still trying to figure out if they've already been reported or if I'm the only idiot supporting IE. Show stopping issues I'm seeing are:
1) open home page ok, click sign-in button in upper right corner, get blank page, change IE user-agent string to anything without, 'msie', in it in the dev tools and the sign-in portlet magically appears.
2) I cannot get re-indexing in control panel server administration to complete, grinds away for 5-8 minutes and then internal server error with no stacktrace, rest of buttons work fine. Been running it in jvisualvm all day, does not seem to be a resource problem.
Getting three browser console errors pointing to double quote character without a match.
Non show-stoppers:
3) xuggler seems to crap out with, 'file too large for preview', at around 600mb, (only want first frame or so?)
4) tabstops are off in the wysiwyg content editor, cannot get focus in the servlet except by placing cursor in url edit and hitting tab.

See no different behaviour in ga2, ga3 or just tried ga4.
thumbnail

well - that's what we can work with. Thanks.

It's late here in Germany (with upcoming public holiday tomorrow), I'll see if someone knows these issues already and comments here. I'm assuming that this is on 6.2 CE GA4 (I missed the last line in your post). Can you confirm that 2 and 3 are actually IE issues and do work with other browsers? They seem suspiciously far in the backend...

I'll also have to admit that I'm IE-challenged: as long as it doesn't run on Linux, I have problems running it myself. But I will check (unless somebody else confirms or points to the issue before I'm back)

Thanks man. Have never turned in a liferay bug report, strangely looking forward to it. I do see the sign-in working as expected with Firefox on Windows 7, the re-indexing still abends however the html console errors about the lone double quotes do not appear. Output is well formed with firefox but not IE of any version. I do have problems running windows too but those are mostly religious issues emoticon