Fórum

"Read-only" page templates

thumbnail
Pedro Alves, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

"Read-only" page templates

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I've been experimenting with Liferay 6.0.4 and the new "Page Templates" functionality looks great.

In Liferay 5.2.x it was a mess to accomplish the same goal - provide the user with pages pre-configured with all the portlets they need, with the right layout, etc. Usually, we would create themes with "hardcoded" portlets but this would occasionally lead to strange behaviors and, let's face it, themes are supposed to deal with presentation issues, not portlet issues.

Anyway, page templates are a good clean solution to this problem, but I wonder if it is possible to define a page template that, once applied, can't be changed. I have some users who are responsible for creating pages but I don't want them to mess around with the pages layout. I gave them "Page Templates - View" permission so that they can choose a template when creating a page, but they still can add and remove portlets from that page, after the template has been applied, and they shouldn't be able to do that. Is this possible? Is there other way to achieve the same goal?

Thanks.