Fórum

Liferay 6.2 CE and ESB

thumbnail
darren rose, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay 6.2 CE and ESB

Regular Member Postagens: 215 Data de Entrada: 04/04/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Looking for examples using ESB with Liferay 6.2 CE. That's Service Bus examples.
regards
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay 6.2 CE and ESB

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Is that any generic ESB? If so: Just integrate it. It's independent of Liferay.

Is that Liferay's Message Bus? What do you want to achieve? Post and consume your own messages? Intercept Liferay messages? You might want to check search and the SOLR plugin codes.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Andrew Jardine is doing a dev.life "Using Liferay's Message Bus for Asynchronous parallel processing" tomorrow (May 26 at 10 a.m. EDT)

https://www.liferay.com/community/dev.life/upcoming-sessions
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Thanks Jack -- no pressure lol.

Just to be clear though, the session is less about service integration and more about how to use messaging to run tasks in parallel. I am going to use a dummy rest service as part of the session, but it has nothing to do with what we're demonstrating (it's just an external data source which could really be anything... antoher database, a file system, etc).

In case it helps, I used maven for my project type with the following repository and dependencies in order to leverage teh RESTlet framework.

<repository>
			<id>maven-restlet</id>
			<name>Public online Restlet repository</name>
			<url>http://maven.restlet.com</url>
		</repository>

<dependency>
			<groupid>org.restlet.jse</groupid>
			<artifactid>org.restlet</artifactid>
			<version>2.1.2</version>
		</dependency>
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Cool Andrew ! I read Mannings "Restlet In Action' while on vacation in BC two summers ago and thought it changed my life until I got back to work in Toronto. Really looking forward to your presentation tomorrow Andrew ! (no pressure lol)
thumbnail

Hah! -- in that case perhaps YOU should be handling that part of the demo as I am probably doing the most shameful implemetation with it possible emoticon
thumbnail

Andew Jardine:
Thanks Jack -- no pressure lol.

Just to be clear though, the session is less about service integration and more about how to use messaging to run tasks in parallel. I am going to use a dummy rest service as part of the session, but it has nothing to do with what we're demonstrating (it's just an external data source which could really be anything... antoher database, a file system, etc).

In case it helps, I used maven for my project type with the following repository and dependencies in order to leverage teh RESTlet framework.

<repository>
			<id>maven-restlet</id>
			<name>Public online Restlet repository</name>
			<url>http://maven.restlet.com</url>
		</repository>

<dependency>
			<groupid>org.restlet.jse</groupid>
			<artifactid>org.restlet</artifactid>
			<version>2.1.2</version>
		</dependency>

Or Spring Boot
thumbnail

... or Jersey, or RestEasy, or RestExpress, or apache cxf, or .. or ... or..

There is certainly no shortage of options.
thumbnail

Jack Bakker:
Andrew Jardine is doing a dev.life "Using Liferay's Message Bus for Asynchronous parallel processing" tomorrow (May 26 at 10 a.m. EDT)

https://www.liferay.com/community/dev.life/upcoming-sessions

great and thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
darren rose:
Looking for examples using ESB with Liferay 6.2 CE. That's Service Bus examples.

You have to think a lot about how you're using the ESB and the challenges you're going to face trying to solve them.

For example, I had some portlets that would drop messages at the user's bequest into an ActiveMQ queue and a remote camel process would send back replies.

The challenge was that the portal couldn't just sit and wait for a response (it was a remote async process). So I set up a LMB endpoint for each user and a spring MDB to receive messages from the response queue and would push into the LMB for the user. It at least allowed me to route messages back to the user and those would sit in the LMB until the user submitted some portal request so I could update the view with the results.

It gets hairy when a user can be logged in more than once (how then do you deliver messages in that scenario?).

ESBs and the like work well for internal enterprise systems where messages can be delivered and processed asynchronously. The submission and display from a user on a portal, however, well that's a completely different sort of process so you face challenges trying to bind them all together correctly.

And the reason you're not finding any examples is that most of the time everyone's process or implementation will be different. Sometimes you just need to send a message and not worry about a response. Sometimes you want to wait a few secs for a response to display directly or just time out and discard the response.