Fórum

Upgrading to Vesrion 6.2 Requirements

thumbnail
Trini Dev, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Upgrading to Vesrion 6.2 Requirements

Junior Member Postagens: 35 Data de Entrada: 23/04/14 Postagens Recentes
HI All,

I have a few question which some advice is need.

I have a Liferay instance: version 6.1 GA3 with 120 portals all private pages (11 pages each), plus one public facing website with 16 pages.
I plan to upgrade to version 6.2 with a new look and feel for both the private pages and public pages.
#
Hardware
AWS M3.xlarge Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2 16 GB memory 200GB storage

1) Whats the best way to achieve the new look and feel for all the pages do i need to do this manually?
2) What memory setting should be used. As on average 20 files consist of 1GB in total is uploaded daily.

Thanks for your advice,
Regards,
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Upgrading to Vesrion 6.2 Requirements

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Nothing should change in production, but...

1. Impact of upgrade will depend on your "120 portals". If you have a lot of custom plugins, well each of those will require investigation and likely modifications to be 6.2 compatible.
2. CSS class names changed from 6.1 to 6.2 so if your web content has direct class assignments, you may need to sweep through them post upgrade and fix styles.
3. Do this upgrade offline - do not just start upgrading your production environment and expect it to work. Upgrade offline so you can see the errors that come up and deal with them prior to attempting production upgrade.
4. Before doing anything in production, grab your backup of the database, data directory and portal-ext.properties and have them in a safe and handy space. Should anything unexpected happen during the upgrade, it will give you an option to roll back to a working portal and try again later.
thumbnail
Trini Dev, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 35 Data de Entrada: 23/04/14 Postagens Recentes
Thanks David,

What about updating the pages for the "120 portals". with a new theme.
Whats the best way to achieve this.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
If you can upgrade the current theme and change to the new look in place, the change will be transparent.

If you build a separate theme then you'd have to set on the parent page at least. Depending upon whether you're relying on the whole "use the same look and feel for public pages" or whether you've assigned manually. If the latter, well then you have a lot of work ahead of you.