Fórum

search announcements

juan meza, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

search announcements

Regular Member Postagens: 228 Data de Entrada: 06/01/14 Postagens Recentes
hi, i have liferay 6.2 GA4

i want to add a search announcements functionality...
i added the web content search portlet, and confgured it to search only in announcements... but doesnt seem to be working

any idea what im missing?

i have both portlets (search and announcements) in the same page, and to configure the search portlet i just selected announcements from the select box "web content type" in the search portlet configuration

thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: search announcements

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1902 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
There's two issues here.
  • The Web Content Search portlet only searches web content articles. An announcement from the Announcements portlet is not a web content article.
  • Announcements are not searchable out of the box. So you'll need to customize announcements to be searchable.
juan meza, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 228 Data de Entrada: 06/01/14 Postagens Recentes
ohhh ok! thank you!

i got confused because i saw an "announcements" option in the search configuration...

so what is this option about? web content with announcements tags or something like that?

i may do a new web content structure "Announcements"... then i would be able to search them... am i right??

thank you!!!
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Yep -- you can search any custom structure you make since they are all of type JournalArticle.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1902 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
The Web Content Type field in the configuration for the Web Content Search portlet allows you to filter the web content based on the type. You can set the web content type by going to the Categorization section when creating/editing a web content article.