Fórum

Federated Search

thumbnail
ravi kumar gupta, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Federated Search

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1302 Data de Entrada: 24/06/09 Postagens Recentes
Hello Everyone,

Lifeary has very good search feature but I need something more from it. We have a set of websites which are not integrated in liferay. I want to search in the static content of those websites also.

Its just like Google search. I want federated search across multiple websites which are not in the same Liferay. They can be any xyz website. I want something where I can provide links of the site I want to search and it will be crawled and will be indexed in liferay. And when I search in my liferay it should show the results of those websites also.

Is there anything available like this?

Thanks in advance.
Pete van de Water, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: Federated Search

New Member Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 18/08/10 Postagens Recentes
Try SOLR + Nutch
thumbnail

Thanks for the hint.

I installed Nutch, Solr and they are working fine. When I check Solr search, it seems to be working. I crawled apache.org and got the results in solr search from solr-admin, but when i search in liferay, I get nothing. But Liferay gives no error.

With Solr admin I can search for liferay content also. But when solr has all the indexes why I am not able to search in liferay.

Please help.
thumbnail

I just checked the solr logs.

I installed nutch and..
When I search in solr admin, I get the results. That means Nutch with Solr is working fine.
but
When I search in liferay for the content which is in liferay like blogs, wiki, web content etc, I get the results in liferay. That means Liferay with Solr is working fine.

I need to see other results also, which are actually generated by nutch. Why other results are not coming when searched from liferay.

Please help
kavita sonawane, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 21/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I am new here,
My problem is :
I want to customize liferay search portlet, I want to add another option in dropdown for search which will be directed to a portlet on different page.
How can I do this? Which file I will need to configure?
Thanks
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

This can be one option..

You need to modify the liferay search jsps to add an option in dropdown. When you hit search after selecting that option, run javascript to generate a portlet url. This portlet url will be of the portlet you want to load on another page.
thumbnail
himanshu jain, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 34 Data de Entrada: 25/10/11 Postagens Recentes
i want to customize my search portlet.Can u guide me.I also tried with Solr but no result comes in liferay .
thumbnail
Namrata Hangal, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 161 Data de Entrada: 27/07/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Ravi,

Am working on the same - Nutch + solr with Liferay.
Did you find a solution?

Also, I have a few queries -
a) How do you search for stuff in solr admin? I mean, I did the crawl and everything but it shows a blank response in the xml result.
b) How did you merger the schemas for nutch and liferay? There are two separate ones right? Or have you used the multicore option of solr?
c) Would a separate search portlet be required (that acts as a wrapper over solrj) in order to fetch results?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Jason Andrew, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 18 Data de Entrada: 01/03/14 Postagens Recentes
Im facing same problem here.
How can i search a data from Solr using liferay...