Fórum

Same page, different themes/skins

Becky O'Sullivan, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Same page, different themes/skins

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 31/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi there,

I've downloaded LifeRay, installed it, and taken the time to play with it and learn how it works. I think the idea of organizations is fantastic, and I like that I was able to create a different theme per organization.

However, we have a unique requirement that I can't quite figure out how to do in LifeRay. We would like to have a "master" page, with lets say 4 portlets on it. One would be a Journal, three would be standard HTML content, and one would be a poll.

We would like the ability to theme or skin the page based on a user's role or community. If that user belongs to role or community A the very same page (same journal entries, same HTML portlets) would display color scheme A with logo A. If the user belongs to role or community B the color scheme would be C with logo D.... In other words we are selling the same content to a group of users (usually a company's employees) with different branding per company.

We also have a requirement to override specific content on the page, depending on company. So a user of company A would see a different poll than the user of company B, and the user of company C wouldn't see any polls, but everything else on the page would remain the same.

I believe I understand how we could deliver different content to different groups by using the permissions functionality, but the LifeRay concept of themes seems to extend to entirely different/unique page layouts for each organization as opposed to letting multiple organizations see the same page but with different themes and/or logos.

Has anyone else tried this? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Marco Dussin, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Same page, different themes/skins

Junior Member Postagens: 45 Data de Entrada: 06/07/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi. I have the same question.

Is it possible in LR to set different themes for different users/user categories?What I aim to do is to use a theme for administrators and a different theme for simple users. The theme should be applied to public pages and hinerithed by all the pages with the same theme than the default public pages.

Thank you en advance

Marco