Fórum

Ability to map user groups to community roles

James Champion, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Ability to map user groups to community roles

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 09/04/08 Postagens Recentes
Is it possible to map user groups directly to community roles in Liferay? I am able to create the community and then add my user groups as members of the Community. I would like to take this one step further and assign community roles to the individual groups. It looks like this capability is possible for individual users via the Communities portlet. Could this functionality be extended to allow roles to be assigned to user groups?

As an example, I have 3 User groups (Guest Group, Member Group, and Admin Group). I need the ability to map "Admin Group" to the "Community Admininistrator" role, the "Member Group" to the "Community Member" role, and so forth. I have also attached two images that illustrate the current functionality of the communities portlet (as of 4.4.2) when assigning Community membership to users and user groups.

Thanks for your help.
Bernardo Riveira Faraldo, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: Ability to map user groups to community rolesno

Regular Member Postagens: 135 Data de Entrada: 30/10/08 Postagens Recentes
nobody answered this! We also need this possibility...
thumbnail
Craig Kaneko, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 57 Data de Entrada: 07/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I don't believe this is available out of the box, you could open a LPS ticket for this feature request. A workaround could be to manually create 3 new roles that mimic those community roles so they would be "user group admin/member, etc.." and then assign those roles to the proper user groups.

Cheers,
Craig
Bernardo Riveira Faraldo, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 135 Data de Entrada: 30/10/08 Postagens Recentes
so, the "solution" is not to use Community Roles but normal Roles and use them to assign permissions in communities...