Fórum

company.default.home.url in 6.x?

Andrew Tillinghast, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

company.default.home.url in 6.x?

Junior Member Postagens: 60 Data de Entrada: 05/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Has the property "company.default.home.url" been deprecated or changed in Liferay 6.x?

We are running Liferay 5.23 currently with the following properties:

portal.ctx=/cw40
company.default.home.url=/cw40/group/camelweb/home

In the 5.23 server accessing /cw40 immediately redirects you to /cw40/group/camelweb/home/
and the users is authenticated via CAS.

We've upgraded a test server to 6.0.5 and we have the same properties set, however on that server accessing /cw40 redirects you to /cw40/home rather then the default home.

I've searched through the forms and I'm not seeing a real answer as to whether or not this property has been changed and if it's functioning or not. The answers I'm finding in the forms suggest setting up virtual hosts or using apache redirects, which are all possible but not ideal because we do have some public/quest content just not any on the default guest home because we want the default user interaction to be logged in.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: company.default.home.url in 6.x?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
You need to set virtual.hosts.default.community.name property to blank for that to work.
virtual.hosts.default.community.name=

Thank you, that solution worked perfectly.

Is this a new property or is the default just changed?

BTW I did try setting it to camelweb hoping it would redirect to /cw40/group/camelweb/home but instead it went to /cw40/ and indicated that there was a page not found. Is this because we don't have a public page for the community i.e. /cw40/web/camelweb/home?
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
This is new in 6.0.

/group requires you to be authenticated so that's not really a good home page url. You could create one public page that has login portlet and define property auth.login.community.url.

We aren't using a login portlet as we're using the CAS authentication, which is working great in this config. If a user is already auth in CAS before accessing the portal they get the private home page off the bat, if not they get the CAS login page and return to the private home page.
thumbnail
Koen Vermeulen, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 13 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
I tried to do the same:

adding company.default.home.url=/web/guest/somePage to portal-ext.properties to change the default home page but in doesn't work in Liferay 6.1.1 CE not even when i added virtual.hosts.default.community.name=
I also tried it in the EE version and there it does work.