Fórum

Liferay 6.0 CE v/s EE

Prakhar Paharia, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Liferay 6.0 CE v/s EE

New Member Postagens: 22 Data de Entrada: 29/11/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

We have developed portal application using liferay 6.0 EE. I need some information about moving the code from ee to ce. Yes it is right from EE to CE.

I need input for the below mentioned points. The first point is the most important so it would be great if i can get detailed description.

1.The difference in the libraries and classes between CE and EE?
2.What is the normal way to migrate from Liferay 6 EE to Liferay 6 CE?
3.Is the deployment process of Portlet-Applications different between the two version?
4.Are there differences in the portal core implementations?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks & Regards
Prakhar Paharia
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay 6.0 CE v/s EE

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
May I ask why do you want to move to CE from EE? Usually the migration is from CE to EE. The only way to migrate is up to a newer version. You can't migrate from 6.0 EE to 6.0 CE because the CE is older version. You could upgrade to 6.1 CE once it's out.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Some portlets are only available in EE, but I think you already know that.
I think you're missing a greatest difficulty when porting from EE to CE.

It's actually a revision down. This means that you'll have some functionalities which may stop working when you make your switch. On a community version, in such circumstances, you'll have to create, apply, and test your own patches. If you can do this much, I think you won't have asked the questions you've asked. emoticon

Hi Hitoshi,

Applying patches will depend on the amount of functionality breaks. If there is no functionality breaks then no need to apply for any patches.

The main intention behind this exercise is to know the amount of code changes required to deploy 6.0ee app to 6.0ce environment.

Can you please tell which all portlets are available only in EE not in CE?

Thanks & Regards
Prakhar Paharia
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Can you please tell which all portlets are available only in EE not in CE?

Porlets related to Additional features:
http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/overview

Hi Mika,

To answer your question "No actually we are not moving to 6.0 CE".

I can understand your point that "6.0 EE code can't be moved to 6.0 CE directly" and to move it to CE either we need to wait for 6.1 CE or we need to make changes in code to make it compatible with 6.0 CE.

I can understand that moving 6.0EE to 6.0CE would not be straight it can throw n number of compilation error or exceptions. The thing is we are doing this just for the analysis that if we move the code from 6.0 EE to 6.0 CE than what all changes we need to do in the code related to package structure or to get rid of any compilation error or to remove any deployment exception.

I am very much interested to know the alteration that we need to do to make it compatible with 6.0 CE. Can you please provide information with the above need? It is bit urgent.

Please let me know the the classes which were moved from one package to another.

I am interested to know the amount of changes.

any approx date/month for 6.1 CE release?

Thanks & Regards
Prakhar Paharia