Fórum

How to associate two Liferay service entities (e.g. an article and a poll)

thumbnail
Adam Victor Nazareth Brandizzi, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

How to associate two Liferay service entities (e.g. an article and a poll)

Junior Member Postagens: 67 Data de Entrada: 30/04/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello, all!

We want to associate journal articles to polls in such a way that we can automatically provide a link to an article when showing a poll. For that, we intend to follow the following steps:
  • Create a new service with service builder, whose the sole entity will have two foreign keys pointing to both the journal article and the poll
  • Create a hook to change the Poll registration form, adding a field to select a journal article when creating the poll
  • Change the poll creation action so it can save the relationship entity associating the poll to the journal article

If we were using Liferay 6 SP2 or later we could do all of it with a hook, since hooks can update struts actions in these versions. Since we do use Liferay 6 SP1 and cannot migrate for a newer version for now, we wonder how to get what we need. Apparently, the best solution is an extlet or to create a hook and an associated patch jar, but these seem to be hard solutions to a simple problem.

Am I right? Is there an easier way to solve this problem? How would you all associate two service entities in Liferay?

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Bijan Vakili, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: How to associate two Liferay service entities (e.g. an article and a po (Resposta)

Expert Postagens: 375 Data de Entrada: 10/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Am I right?

Yes

Is there an easier way to solve this problem? How would you all associate two service entities in Liferay?

Not that I know of - this seems easy enough, no?