Fórum

6.1 Contest!

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

6.1 Contest!

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Team,

You are probably aware that with your help we were able to release Liferay 6.1 GA1 last week! This is a big milestone for the project and for the community in general, so on behalf of Liferay and its community, I want to thank all of for your volunteerism and help emoticon

We are looking at possibly producing a GA2 release of Liferay 6.1 in the coming months, to fix any critical issues that remain open (or are new regressions) in Liferay. What I'd like to do for this team is concentrate on the bugs reported against 6.1 GA1 first (there are only 25 of them so far!).

Some of you have been active on the Community Verifier team, and that's been awesome! I'd like to drum up some more interest, so what better way to kick off the new year than with a contest! Here's the contest:

Between now and February 3rd, the CV team member who helps Liferay QA verify the most number of bugs gets a $100 (or its equivalent in your local currency) gift card to amazon.com or thinkgeek.com! In addition, your name and face will be splashed on liferay.org as a featured contributor (with your permission of course!) and proud member of the Liferay Community!

To participate, just read and follow the Instructions for Participation Guide (which has been updated for 6.1). This is also posted on the Community Verifier homepage. Bugs that count toward the prize are those that you have properly triaged (according to the guide) and passed off to the "Support QA" user with appropriate remarks. Start with the 6.1 GA1 bugs, and when you've exhausted your ability with those, move on to the more general Community Verifier bugs. Both types count toward the prize!

Starting sometime next week I will post a realtime scoreboard so you can see where you stand. As a reminder, the cutoff date is February 3rd. So get started today, and win a nice new year's gift! And if you aren't a member of CV, but have development experience on Liferay, a willingness to volunteer your time, and wish to join, let me know via this thread.
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: 6.1 Contest!

Regular Member Postagens: 246 Data de Entrada: 08/06/09 Postagens Recentes
In case when someone pushes to Support QA issue that was already "taken" by other CV point goes to original Verifier emoticon

Also we should made a leaderboard for most interesting issues we will find. My candidate is issue LPS-8173
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Gee, I've been working on the Apache ManifoldCF project to replace Liferay's search because Liferay.com seems like it wasn't going to correct their not very usable search capabilities. I just added MySQL support and thought I was almost finished with I18N and Japanese L10N only to find today some problem with using Japanese at Apache site (works OK locally).(sign) Have to tackle this problem first.

http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/ja_JP/end-user-documentation_ja_JP.html

Feb.3 (which timezone is this anyways?) is only 2 and a half week on a very short notice. Anyways, why the hurry? Is Liferay planning on releasing GA2 very soon? If it's going to be another 6 months, can't the deadline be extended?

BTW, what about new bugs? I haven't checked if the following issue has yet been created yet.
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12140618
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Feb.3 (which timezone is this anyways?) is only 2 and a half week on a very short notice. Anyways, why the hurry? Is Liferay planning on releasing GA2 very soon? If it's going to be another 6 months, can't the deadline be extended?

GA2 definitely won't be in 6 months. More like 6-8 weeks. The Feb 3 cutoff is specifically Feb 3 at 11:59pm US/Pacific timezone. Also, keep in mind you don't have to fix the bugs, just verify that they are indeed bugs (i.e. try and reproduce them, and make sure fields are properly specified, etc). So shouldn't take more than 15 minutes for your average bug (of course some will take more, and some less).

Do not worry Hitoshi, this isn't the last contest we will have for this kind of activity emoticon I appreciate your interest as always!

BTW, what about new bugs? I haven't checked if the following issue has yet been created yet.
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12140618

Filing new bugs isn't part of hte Community Verifier team's charter (of course the above should be filed as a bug, but won't count towards the "prize").
thumbnail

Hi James,
Have you given me permission in the jira? I don't see any pencil icon next to the "Label" nor change priority.

I only in group liferay-users

My jira account is: hozawa
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Hi James,
Have you given me permission in the jira? I don't see any pencil icon next to the "Label" nor change priority.

I only in group liferay-users

My jira account is: hozawa

Hey Hitoshi, I apologize, not sure why you weren't added. I've added you. BTW it appears you have two JIRA accounts under the same email. I added both but if you want me to delete the other I cna.
thumbnail

Thanks. Got in. Will do some verification since I've signed for it. :-)

If it's no trouble, please don't delete the accounts. I don't want to risk any accidents because isn't email suppose to be a key?
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Thanks. Got in. Will do some verification since I've signed for it. :-)

If it's no trouble, please don't delete the accounts. I don't want to risk any accidents because isn't email suppose to be a key?

Ok, I'll leave it as-is. Thanks for your participation!