Fórum

Weird behavior of pages and LifeRay in General

thumbnail
Pete Helgren, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Weird behavior of pages and LifeRay in General

Regular Member Postagens: 225 Data de Entrada: 07/04/11 Postagens Recentes
We are having VERY strange behavior in our LifeRay Installation. I have already posted about our users logging in and then being given the identity of another user. We are also seeing these other random behaviors:

1) HTML and Javascript being presented as text to the end user.
2) Screens of "garbage" where a page displays what looks to be binary data.
3) Clicking on a link or a button and having a resource begin to download (we have multiple portlets that allow users to download PDF's and MP3 files as well as upload them to the site). Sometimes the portlet begins to download a page instead of displaying it. Sometimes a user sees an MP3 begin to download, even though they clicked on a link to go to another page.

In short, things are acting very peculiar. We have introduced very few changes over the past 3 months and the frequency of these problems seems to be increasing as the number of users grow.

I suspect a caching issue but I can't tell for sure. It is almost as though sessions are being shared between portlets and the data from one session is leaking into another or a previous abandoned session's data is getting intermixed with the current session. I don't know exactly, but LifeRay seems to be serving random content and we have spent a couple of weeks trying to get to the bottom of it to no avail.

Can anybody help us sort this out quickly? We are running LR 6.0.6 CE with Glassfish

Thanks,

Pete
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Weird behavior of pages and LifeRay in General

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Sounds like you have edge caching component in your infrastructure that is caching things a bit too aggressively. Are you perhaps running apache with mod_cache enabled or squid or some other caching component in front of your Liferay server?
thumbnail

Sorry for the late reply Mike (our whole Liferay site has become so unstable and unpredictable that it has been consuming all of our time....)

The mod_cache shared library was disabled in our Apache instance and it made no difference. We have no other proxy in front of Glassfish.

Thanks!
thumbnail

Another clue perhaps.... We took a look at the download "snippets" we get when we click on on a link with a hex editor. Each snippet has exactly 16,384 unrecognizable bytes of data before the http response header. EXACTLY 16k. So I am wondering what delivers a 16k payload. A cache setting maybe ?

Still stumped and getting help from no one on this.....

Pete
Edian Reyes, modificado 3 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 24/01/20 Postagens Recentes
Hello,Can someone please help with this. I am experiencing similar behavior to this one. Weird behavior like adding new web content opening and when hitting save it won't save.
Thanks
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado 3 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1554 Data de Entrada: 24/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Your description sounds vastly different from the original question. I am not sure, why you think, you experience the same issue.
In any case: You probably should open a new thread and give us a bit more information.
Liferay version?
Any exceptions in the Liferay logfile?
Any errors in the browser? (Note: You can open the developer console using F12 in browsers, it might show javascript errors or something)
Are you, by chance, not authenticated anymore?
Edian Reyes, modificado 3 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 24/01/20 Postagens Recentes
When I say similar, I refer to the behavior. But thank you for responding to this issue. I went to the server and found it was with no disk memory. I added memory to it waiting to see if that fixes the problem.