Fórum

November 2012 Meetup

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

November 2012 Meetup

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

It's that time again - time for another leadership meetup! You can review the last meeting's minutes, and think about your availability for this next one. We should have had it in September, but I've unfortunately not had time to plan one due to the busy symposium season and wanted to wait for the survey to be complete to share the results.

So I propose we have a meetup to cover the community happenings the last several months. I've created a Doodle to help us pick a date. NOTE: The doodle knows of timezones. Be sure to pick yours from the list before viewing the times, so you are viewing local times and not California time.

Topic's I'd like to cover in no particular order (please suggest more!)

- Status of open issues from last meeting
- Liferay Website update: A couple of engineers from the liferay.com web team are going to attend to talk about upcoming website updates and get your feedback on what we can do better/differently. As a preface, we are going to upgrade liferay.com to 6.1 and then embark on a redesign of the site to better serve you and the rest of the community!
- Review survey results (James)
- Release Date and Status Dashboard (James)
- Community Programs updates (BugSquad, CV, Security Team, etc)

Please check off the times you are able to meet on the Doodle! I tried to provide a range of dates and times to fit the differing timezones, but it's impossible for everyone to be happy, so if you elect to attend at an inconvenient hour for you, I really appreciate it and hope you can understand the difficulties of living in our solar system, with Earth's annoying habit of orbiting around the sun emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS RE: November 2012 Meetup

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
James Falkner:
Hi all,

It's that time again - time for another leadership meetup! You can review the last meeting's minutes, and think about your availability for this next one. We should have had it in September, but I've unfortunately not had time to plan one due to the busy symposium season and wanted to wait for the survey to be complete to share the results.

So I propose we have a meetup to cover the community happenings the last several months. I've created a Doodle to help us pick a date. NOTE: The doodle knows of timezones. Be sure to pick yours from the list before viewing the times, so you are viewing local times and not California time.

Topic's I'd like to cover in no particular order (please suggest more!)

- Status of open issues from last meeting
- Liferay Website update: A couple of engineers from the liferay.com web team are going to attend to talk about upcoming website updates and get your feedback on what we can do better/differently. As a preface, we are going to upgrade liferay.com to 6.1 and then embark on a redesign of the site to better serve you and the rest of the community!
- Review survey results (James)
- Release Date and Status Dashboard (James)
- Community Programs updates (BugSquad, CV, Security Team, etc)

Please check off the times you are able to meet on the Doodle! I tried to provide a range of dates and times to fit the differing timezones, but it's impossible for everyone to be happy, so if you elect to attend at an inconvenient hour for you, I really appreciate it and hope you can understand the difficulties of living in our solar system, with Earth's annoying habit of orbiting around the sun emoticon

Ok, it looks like Tuesday, December 4th at 12 noon (California time) is a GO. Here are the times in other timezones:

12pm US/Pacific
3pm US/Eastern
9pm Europe/Berlin
7am (Wednesday) Australia/Sydney

We will go with the above agenda.
thumbnail
David Miyabe, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: MARK YOUR CALENDARS RE: November 2012 Meetup

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 20/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Everyone,

First I wanted to say thank you for letting us join the call. We really appreciate your time and all that you do for Liferay. We really would not be where we are today with out you. Which is why we wanted to be sure to hear your thoughts on how we can make liferay.com better.

In the mean time take a look at this blog post that our good friend Ron has posted about some of the steps we are taking toward making a better website. If you got a few mins give us some of your thoughts too.

Thanks again,
David