Fórum

RE: Marketplace and websphere 7.0

thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Marketplace and websphere 7.0

Expert Postagens: 375 Data de Entrada: 21/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I've just installed Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 on Websphere 7.0.
I know hot deployment it's not supported on Websphere. I'm wondering if Marketplace can work and if I can install additional
portlet plugins, theme, etc directly using Marketplace. If yes can you tell me which steps I must follow to install marketplace and related plugins?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Denis Signoretto:
Hi,

I've just installed Liferay 6.1.1 GA2 on Websphere 7.0.
I know hot deployment it's not supported on Websphere. I'm wondering if Marketplace can work and if I can install additional
portlet plugins, theme, etc directly using Marketplace. If yes can you tell me which steps I must follow to install marketplace and related plugins?

Thanks,
Denis.

Hey Dennis - you can still use the Marketplace within Liferay (Control Panel) or downloading the raw .lpkg file directly from liferay.com. You will then need to copy the lpkg file to the hot deploy directory. This is the same behavior on JBoss 7 + LR 6.1 CE GA2 (which cannot detect JBoss 7's ability to deploy). So check out this thread for how to workaround it.
thumbnail

James Falkner:

Hey Dennis - you can still use the Marketplace within Liferay (Control Panel) or downloading the raw .lpkg file directly from liferay.com. You will then need to copy the lpkg file to the hot deploy directory. This is the same behavior on JBoss 7 + LR 6.1 CE GA2 (which cannot detect JBoss 7's ability to deploy). So check out this thread for how to workaround it.

Hi James,

I have manullay installed only liferay.war as described in the documentation. Actually Marketplace it's not included in liferay.war.
I would like to install it within Liferay. Can you tell me if there is a place where I can download and install Liferay Marketplace .war ?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail

Denis Signoretto:
James Falkner:

Hi James,

I have manullay installed only liferay.war as described in the documentation. Actually Marketplace it's not included in liferay.war.
I would like to install it within Liferay. Can you tell me if there is a place where I can download and install Liferay Marketplace .war ?

Thanks,
Denis.

Unfortunately we did not build the Marketplace portlet as a separately downloadable thing for GA2 (but we should have). I am working with the release team to go back and build it, but for now you can always build it yourself from the source code. Here's a super-impatient-person set of commands to build Liferay and the Marketplace plugin from a unix (linux mac os x) command line (windows would be similar, but different, if ya know what I mean):

$ mkdir /tmp/foo
$ cd /tmp/foo
$ wget --output-document=portal.zip --no-check-certificate https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/archive/6.1.1-ga2.zip
$ wget --output-document=plugins.zip --no-check-certificate https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/archive/6.1.1-ga2.zip
$ mkdir bundles
$ unzip -q portal.zip
$ unzip -q plugins.zip
$ cd liferay-portal-6.1.1-ga2
$ ant -f build-dist.xml unzip-tomcat
$ ant all
$ cd ../liferay-plugins-6.1.1-ga2/portlets/marketplace-portlet
$ ant war

The results will be a marketplace-portlet-xxxx.war file in /tmp/foo/liferay-plugins-6.1.1-ga2/dist directory - copy that to your Liferay installation's hot deploy directory, then you should have Marketplace in your control panel (and a nice copy of portal and plugins source to play with in the future).
thumbnail

Hi James,

many thanks for your reply!!

Unfortunately we did not build the Marketplace portlet as a separately downloadable thing for GA2 (but we should have). I am working with the release team to go back and build it, but for now you can always build it yourself from the source code. Here's a super-impatient-person set of commands to build Liferay and the Marketplace plugin from a unix (linux mac os x) command line (windows would be similar, but different, if ya know what I mean):

It could be a nice idea add marketplace war in the additional files.

Anyway, the scripts worked very well!!
I was able to generate marketplace-portlet-6.1.1.1.war. Actually I'm still having some trouble with websphere 7.0.0.0. It generates the following exception:

==> /opt/ibm/websphere/appserver/profiles/AppSrv01/liferay/logs/liferay.2012-12-04.log <==
12:13:12,793 ERROR [WebContainer : 7][render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest.setAttribute(SRTServletRequest.java:483)
at javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.setAttribute(ServletRequestWrapper.java:295)
at javax.servlet.ServletRequestWrapper.setAttribute(ServletRequestWrapper.java:295)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:62)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:73)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:73)

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail

When does it generate that stack trace? When you deploy the Marketplace portlet? Or does it just randomly show that? Any specific actions that cause it? Does it happen with other plugins?
thumbnail

James Falkner:
When does it generate that stack trace? When you deploy the Marketplace portlet? Or does it just randomly show that? Any specific actions that cause it? Does it happen with other plugins?

Hi James,

when I deploy the portlet everything goes right.

18:08:25,256 INFO [WebContainer : 7][HotDeployImpl:178] Deploying marketplace-portlet from queue
18:08:25,256 INFO [WebContainer : 7][PluginPackageUtil:1033] Reading plugin package for marketplace-portlet
18:08:25,617 INFO [WebContainer : 7][HookHotDeployListener:550] Registering hook for marketplace-portlet
18:08:25,625 INFO [WebContainer : 7][HookHotDeployListener:690] Hook for marketplace-portlet is available for use

The stacktrace appears as soon as I go to Control Panel and I click on "store". More over icons of Marketplace portlet (close to "store" and "purchased" that I usually see on Tomcat) are not shown.

18:09:59,098 INFO [com.liferay.portal.plugin.PluginPackageUtil][PluginPackageUtil:1421] Checking for available updates
18:09:59,102 INFO [com.liferay.portal.plugin.PluginPackageUtil][PluginPackageUtil:1465] Finished checking for available updates in 4 ms

==> /opt/ibm/websphere/appserver/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/SystemOut.log <==
[04/12/12 18.10.55:984 CET] 0000001b SystemOut O 18:10:55,983 ERROR [WebContainer : 4][render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest.setAttribute(SRTServletRequest.java:689)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:62)

In the meanwhile I applyed fixpak 7.0.0.21 to WebSphere.

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail

Denis Signoretto:
James Falkner:

Hi James,

when I deploy the portlet everything goes right.

18:08:25,256 INFO [WebContainer : 7][HotDeployImpl:178] Deploying marketplace-portlet from queue
18:08:25,256 INFO [WebContainer : 7][PluginPackageUtil:1033] Reading plugin package for marketplace-portlet
18:08:25,617 INFO [WebContainer : 7][HookHotDeployListener:550] Registering hook for marketplace-portlet
18:08:25,625 INFO [WebContainer : 7][HookHotDeployListener:690] Hook for marketplace-portlet is available for use

The stacktrace appears as soon as I go to Control Panel and I click on "store". More over icons of Marketplace portlet (close to "store" and "purchased" that I usually see on Tomcat) are not shown.

18:09:59,098 INFO [com.liferay.portal.plugin.PluginPackageUtil][PluginPackageUtil:1421] Checking for available updates
18:09:59,102 INFO [com.liferay.portal.plugin.PluginPackageUtil][PluginPackageUtil:1465] Finished checking for available updates in 4 ms

==> /opt/ibm/websphere/appserver/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1/SystemOut.log <==
[04/12/12 18.10.55:984 CET] 0000001b SystemOut O 18:10:55,983 ERROR [WebContainer : 4][render_portlet_jsp:154] java.lang.StackOverflowError
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletRequest.setAttribute(SRTServletRequest.java:689)

In the meanwhile I applyed fixpak 7.0.0.21 to WebSphere.

Thanks,
Denis.

Well.. a bit of searching didn't turn up much. This wiki might help if you haven't configured websphere to auto deploy.

Is it possible to download the version of WS you are using? Can you file an issue at issues.liferay.com ? Perhaps our WS experts can help out.
thumbnail

Hi James,

many thanks for your help.

I opened this issue http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-31406
I'm using WAS 7.0 for Developer that you can download from IBM site.

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail

Hi James,

I have seen that under marketplace menu of Liferay web site it's now available marketplace war for download.
Thanks for your support.

Regards.
Denis