Fórum

How to use jquerry in liferay.

Kiran Kumar Boyini, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

How to use jquerry in liferay.

Expert Postagens: 287 Data de Entrada: 02/06/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I want to use jquerrry in liferay 6.0.6.
Suppose I want to use it in jsp.How I have to use it or liferay internally have this js library or i have to import this in externally .

Please provide the reply.

Thanks,

Kiran
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: How to use jquerry in liferay.

Liferay Master Postagens: 875 Data de Entrada: 07/01/11 Postagens Recentes
From Liferay 6 onwards jquery no longer included by default . You need to explicitly include it in your portlet or theme (if you want to use in all portlets).

Below blog will help you on the same.
http://www.liferay.com/web/nathan.cavanaugh/blog/-/blogs/using-jquery-or-any-javascript-library-in-liferay-6-0
Kiran Kumar Boyini, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 287 Data de Entrada: 02/06/11 Postagens Recentes
Thank you Jitendra,

I follow the link and I am try to develop the jquerry portlet by following the links w r to your link.

http://www.liferay.com/web/nathan.cavanaugh/blog/-/blogs/using-jquery-or-any-javascript-library-in-liferay-6-0

But here I am not understanding the following things.

Build a project called “sample-jquery-portlet” with folder “docroot” and build.xml
Add CSS under the folder /docroot/css
Add images under the folder /docroot/css
Add jquery under the folder /docroot/js
Add liferay-display.xml, liferay-plugin-package.properties, liferay-portlet.xml, portlet.xml under the folder /docroot/WEB-INF
Especially, add following lines, for example, in the file liferay-portlet.xml.
<portlet>
<portlet-name>1</portlet-name>
<icon>/images/world.png</icon>
<header-portlet-css>/css/style.css</header-portlet-css>
<header-portlet-javascript>/js/jquery.js</header-portlet-javascript>
<footer-portlet-javascript>/js/jquery-ui-custom.js</footer-portlet-javascript>
<css-class-wrapper>sample-jquery-portlet</css-class-wrapper>
</portlet>

and also I am not understand the following statement.
Note that the property header-portal-javascript sets the path of JavaScript that will be referenced in the page's header relative to the portal's context path; and the property footer-portal-javascript sets the path of JavaScript that will be referenced in the page's footer relative to the portal's context path.
But in the above where I can find the jquery-ui-custom.js filw and I have a bit confusion to create the directory structure. as he mentioned in the document.
I have created docroot folder,inside i have created css,js foloders. And I am putting the .css,.png.,.jpg files in css folder.

Am I correct ?

Thanks,

Kiran
Oliver Bayer, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 894 Data de Entrada: 18/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Kiran,

it depends emoticon.

If you want to use it in a single jsp use the html script-tag to include it.

If you want to use it in multiple places/ different portlets you have two possibilities:
- you can put the jquery js file in a custom theme (theme dependant but you can insert business logic how and when you include it) or
- use the "javascript.barebone.files" property in the portal-ext.properties file so jquery is always available e.g. also in the control panel portlets (theme independant)

Greets Oli