Fórum

JSF Portlet Analysis

thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

JSF Portlet Analysis

Liferay Master Postagens: 722 Data de Entrada: 19/12/07 Postagens Recentes
HI,

This post is regarding JSF development. I am totally new for JSF framework.

[indent]1. Difference between JSF and MVC?
2. In which situation, we should use JSF..?

3. How JSF is handling the portlet life cycle like processAction, render, serveResource and processEvent?

4. Sometime extending FacesServlet and sometime Generic in JSF porltet class... difference?

5. FacesContext is acting as ActionRequest?

6. There are different frameworks with JSF like PrimeFaces, ICEFaces, LiferayFaces...etc. If we use Primefaces tag in JSF, then will it be
called PrimeFaces Portlet or JSF Portlet?

7. Which combination ( JSF with primefaces,icefaces or liferayfaces) is the best and more comfortable with liferay?

8. Faces-config xml is same like struts-config.xml in Struts portlet where we are giving controller mapping..?[/indent]

I know Google is the best option but would be great if JSF Experts / Users share their experience and facing issues with liferay which would be be more helpful for other users developing in JSF framework ?

Thanks in advance

- Gnaniyar Zubair
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: JSF Portlet Analysis

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Will only answer Liferay-related questions:

6-Always JSF portlet

7-There is a sample primefaces portlet demo, you can get the sources from sourceforge and/or github. So probably better (at least you have a sample to start from) is to use primefaces

For other questions, please take a JSF tutorial and read :-)
thumbnail

Juan Gonzalez P:
Will only answer Liferay-related questions:

6-Always JSF portlet

7-There is a sample primefaces portlet demo, you can get the sources from sourceforge and/or github. So probably better (at least you have a sample to start from) is to use primefaces

For other questions, please take a JSF tutorial and read :-)

Thanks Juan. I have seen one demo portlet in Liferay Faces section for Prime Faces which is called PrimeFaces3 Portlet. does it have any communication with JSF ..? why do you call that portlet as PrimeFaces Portlet?
thumbnail

Primefaces is a set of JSF components.

Don't understand your second question.

Please, read about JSF, seems you have to learn its basis first.
thumbnail

You have replied in my last query that Always JSF. But Now you are telling that PrimeFaces having JSF components called Primefaces portlet ?

Ok anyhow will have a look at those documents to grasp basic knowledge. Thanks
thumbnail

Sorry, I misunderstood your question then.

I meant that for Liferay is JSF portlet (for example, when creating a portlet from scratch using Liferay IDE), but in this case is using Primefaces as the set of components. You can use other set of JSF components (Richfaces, Icefaces), but all of them will be JSF portlets.

Primefaces is on top of JSF, they can co-exist. Primefaces only adds some components with enhanced behaviour and styling comparing to "basic" JSF.
thumbnail

Ok then, On top of JSF, we can use any components like Prime-faces, Ice-faces, rich-faces which might add some extra features or user interfaces.

Thanks Juan.