« Voltar para Liferay IDE
Liferay IDE 1.x - 2.0 Upgrade steps
This is a demonstration on Liferay IDE upgrade from 1.x to 2.0, in this demo, we'll illustrate the upgrade steps from 1.6.2 to 2.0.0 M2. They will also apply for the other versions from 1.x to 2.0.
- Eclipse Indigo, Juno or Kepler
- Liferay IDE 1.x
- Liferay IDE updatesite 2.0
Upgrade Steps #
- Open Liferay IDE 1.x, click Help->Install New Software...
- Browser http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide, click any 2.0.x version you want, access that updatesite page and copy the url to the software manager. If you want the latest milestone release, please access http://releases.liferay.com/tools/ide/latest/milestone/
- Check all Liferay IDE features and click Next.
- Wait for the calculating requirements and dependencies process.
- If step 4 takes a very long time, let's run it in background and click Help-> About Eclipse to look at your eclipse version, otherwise, if not fail, please go to step 13.
- If you're using Kepler, eclipse will download all the dependency upgrades, finally the Install Remediation Page will be like:
Click Next, Finish dependencies upgrade.
Comment: if your current eclipse is Indigo or Juno, this page won't be shown and you may wait for a long time, then eventually fail, because those versions won't do dependencies upgrade automatically.
- The reason why step 4 takes a very long time is that eclipse has to wait for the other dependencies finish upgrade. So here's another way work around.
- Click Help->About Eclipse->Installation Details and go to the Installed Software page.
Check your root categories, and uninstall all the sapphire, m2e, wtp, m2e-wtp and ivy features if they can be found on the root categories.
- In our IDE 1.6.2 - 2.0.0 M2 example, select all the sapphire features on the root categories and click Uninstall...
- Click Finish.
- Open the Install page, add 2.0 updatesite again, but for this time, uncheck the "Contact all updatesites during install to find require software".
- Click Next, continue the normal update steps and wait until it's finished.
- Restart eclipse and check the features you've newly upgraded.
- If you've seen the same page above, congratulations, the upgrade is successful.