Length: 3 days
Formats: Public, Private
Liferay Version: 6.2*
*Also available through private training for Liferay 6.1
Get into the nuts and bolts of developing with Liferay and take control over the full lifecycle of your applications.
Know what features you already have so you can customize only when you need to, making development fast and easy.
Liferay is designed to make customizing simple. Change any aspect, from the user interface to the user authentication system to persisting data to the database.
Windows x64, Mac OSX*, or Linux*
*Participants that use Mac OSX or Linux must be prepared to troubleshoot any operating system related issues as the trainer may not be familiar with these operating systems.
Recommended: 8GB RAM
- Development Environment Setup
- JSR-286 Portlet Development
- Understanding the Portlet Lifecycle
- Inter-Portlet Communication
- Liferay's MVC Framework
- Setting up the Data Model with Service Builder
- Generating the Service and Persistence Layer
- Displaying Data using Liferay's Search Container
- Localization, User Feedback, and Input Validation
- Integrating Liferay Permissions
- Adding Custom Portlets to the Control Panel
- Customizing the Authentication Pipeline
- Modifying Liferay's User Interface
- Replacing the Controller
- Extending Core Business Logic
- Changing Anything in Liferay with EXT Plugins
- Development Strategy
Contact us and we'll work to find a training that fits your schedule, or ask us about private training delivered to you.