Course Format: Onsite
Portal Developer Training builds the foundation you need to build successful apps on the Liferay Platform. Learn the basics of portlet development and how to customize the platform through hooks, Ext plugins, layout templates and themes. This course introduces the service architecture of Liferay and Service Builder, essential knowledge for using the platform API.
Development experience with Java and Servlets.
What You'll Learn:
By the end of the training, you should have an understanding of what Liferay has to offer out of the box including:
- Java standard portlets
- Building portlets in Liferay's Plugins SDK
- Liferay's service architecture
- Using Service Builder to generate a robust service layer
- Building complex portlet applications with user input, persistence, feedback and localization
- Customizing the portal through hooks
- How themes are created and function
- Extensively modifying the portal through an Ext plugin
- Development best practices
- Using Liferay Developer Studio
- Deploying projects to an instance of Liferay
A Hands-On Approach
Liferay training is guided by the expertise of experienced Liferay trainers. You will benefit from their hands-on approach to enabling you to learn the material effectively and quickly. Through the many exercises interspersed throughout the course, you will learn to perform all of the functions yourself, which maximizes your ability to learn everything. Your trainer will be there to guide you all the way to success.