Open: For Business
Openness, as a mindset and business practice, is transforming entire industries, from publishing to media to IT. YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and countless others have built businesses around liberating content and inviting users to be active participants rather than passive consumers.
Liferay's open source development philosophy reflects this wider social phenomenon, with transparency, community, and interoperability taking the place of proprietary practices and protectionist policies. This has led to the creation of software that is more reliable, and multiplies the value created and delivered to the Liferay ecosystem.
But Liferay is also helping others understand how to embrace openness and transform the way they work. The Liferay platform and best practices of Liferay's ecosystem are helping companies unlock organizational knowledge, engage customers, create social communities that drive revenue and KPIs, and increase brand stickiness and loyalty.
Liferay's 2012 US Symposium brings together a community that is working to empower their companies with open business models. We will share stories, lessons, and ideas from the process. Join us to learn how we can make business better, together.
At a glance, the Symposium will offer:
- Expert-led business and technical sessions
- Solutions-focused case study presentations
- Workshops and trainings for valuable hands-on learning and activity
- Opportunities to ask questions to our senior executives and architects
- Networking and knowledge-sharing with other industry field leaders
- Optional full-day training immediately following the Symposium (Oct. 10th) at the same venue
- Concepts to help you get the most value out of your Liferay investment
Who Should Attend
- IT Professionals
- Open Source Enthusiasts
- Project Managers
- Site Developers
- App Developers
- Technical Team Leads
- System Administrators
- UX Pros