留言板

Future Documentation/Tutorials

thumbnail
Joss Sanglier,修改在12 年前。

Future Documentation/Tutorials

Junior Member 帖子: 60 加入日期: 09-7-15 最近的帖子
If there is one thing that helps Liferay stand out from the crowd it is the level of documentation - helped, I think, by some of the team's habit of writing books about the thing!

However, like all systems, Liferay (the organisation) does from time to time suffer from "assumed knowledge" and forgets that at least some of the users (me, in particular) are starting from much lower on the ladder of knowledge than others.

So, as part of the ongoing promotion of Liferay 6.1 and onwards, it would be fantastic to see more step by step tutorials that assume that the reader is approaching this from complete ignorance.

Oh, and can we avoid Video tutorials? They may be quick to do, but there are often dreadful to try and follow.

To start the bowl rolling, can I request an update to an older tutorial?

There was a tutorial sometime ago which covered creating a basic crud style application using the Web Content system - it was an FAQ, I think. It was written for 5x and I did try and make it work on 6.0 but it just refused to do anything.

This is one of the most powerful areas of Liferay for the non-developer admin who wants to create small, neat applications without creating full blown portlets, but I am coming up short on tutorials or any real help to work it out.

Obviously, tutorials to take time to get write, but I believe in giving as well as taking, so if anyone wants to write rough tutorials, I am happy to make sure they work and put them into really good English in the process (I am a writer by trade, so this is the best, probably only way for me to contribute).

So, any other good subjects for tutorials for idiots like me?

Joss
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

RE: Future Documentation/Tutorials

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Yes, I agree that it takes some time to get used to Liferay. Even the "Liferay in Action" presumes some knowledge. I remember on question in the forum
concerning the steps in the book because the author seems to be using Liferay IDE even though the steps in the book was suppose to be written to
use the command line.

I'm waiting out on Liferay 6.1.0 GA release to come out because I'm not really certain which functionalities are fixed and which are still in the works.
Cristian Serban,修改在12 年前。

RE: Future Documentation/Tutorials

New Member 帖子: 14 加入日期: 11-9-5 最近的帖子
when is the release date of Liferay 6.1 GA?