留言板

Ratings for unauthenticated users

Robert_82 Robert_82,修改在12 年前。

Ratings for unauthenticated users

New Member 帖子: 11 加入日期: 06-7-17 最近的帖子
Hi all,
i'using LEP 6.1 CE, my question is quite simple.
It' possible to enable ratings (with five stars) for unauthenticated users??

Any suggestion are welcome!

Roberto.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在12 年前。

RE: Ratings for unauthenticated users

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
The issue here is how to determine if an anonymous guest has already rated or not.

When an authenticated user sets the rating, it is easy to determine if they have before or not and reflect the rating they've selected.

For an anonymous guest, you'd need some other sort of mechanism.

And it gets muddier depending on how to know if the rating being viewed is valid or not. If I'm a disgruntled user of your site and I figure out how to anonymously get 10,000 zero ratings in, you will undoubtedly show the item with a negative rating even if a valid 100 users say it's five-star. Likewise if I'm trying to artificially increase the rating and I can get 10,000 five stars in when actual users say it's a zero-star, the rating becomes invalid.

So, all things considered, I'm sure there's a way to do it (probably involving a hook of the jsp page and possibly some other changes), but it really begs the question is this something you want to do?
Robert_82 Robert_82,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 11 加入日期: 06-7-17 最近的帖子
Hi David,
your suggestions are true.. But this is a particular portal. It's a intranet portal accessible only on LAN or with a VPN. It has only a public community.
The system to track the ratings for guest user probably is the ip address or not?!?
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1744 加入日期: 08-11-6 最近的帖子
The answer for your question is no, with what Liferay has in place right now for ratings. Only an authenticated user can rate right now. You can see the table ratingsEntry for the columns.

Regards,
Sandeep