留言板

PDF display..

thumbnail
Muzakir Khan,修改在11 年前。

PDF display..

Regular Member 帖子: 112 加入日期: 12-3-15 最近的帖子
Hi!..
My requirement is to open a pdf using iframe in a portlet. I have a simple Java class that successfully opens a pdf file, but it opens in new window..
My question is, how to integrate this concept in liferay such that the pdf should open in iframe. My java class code is as below.

package com.pdfreader;
import java.awt.Desktop;
import java.io.File;

//Cross platform solution to view a PDF file
public class AnyPlatformAppPDF {

public static void main(String[] args) {

try {

File pdfFile = new File("/home/sourceone/Documents/imppdf/TagLibraries.pdf");
if (pdfFile.exists()) {

if (Desktop.isDesktopSupported()) {
Desktop.getDesktop().open(pdfFile);
} else {
System.out.println("Awt Desktop is not supported!");
}

} else {
System.out.println("File does not exists!");
}

System.out.println("Done");

} catch (Exception ex) {
ex.printStackTrace();
}

}
}

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Khan
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: PDF display..

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
If you search for it, I think you'll find the answer.

This has come up before and there has been lots of info on it.
realiste realiste,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 31 加入日期: 12-7-20 最近的帖子
hi Muzakir Khan
I have the same problem as you.
did  you have a solution?
thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1228 加入日期: 08-4-14 最近的帖子
Displaying pdf in iframe/browser is always going to be problematic for a generic user that does not sit within the Standard Operating Environment.
Display of PDF is heavily dependent on browser and Adobe installations on a specific computer.

From our experience we found that a fairly client environment - independent approach is to provide image-based previews of pages while providing download links. This is one of the examples. You can also have a look how Liferay document library delivers PDF images.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Displaying pdf in iframe/browser is always going to be problematic for a generic user that does not sit within the Standard Operating Environment.
Display of PDF is heavily dependent on browser and Adobe installations on a specific computer.

From our experience we found that a fairly client environment - independent approach is to provide image-based previews of pages while providing download links. This is one of the examples. You can also have a look how Liferay document library delivers PDF images.

Agree on using image instead of pdf. PDF is Adobe proprietary format and there's some difference between how it's displayed on different web browsers and on tools used to create pdf files.