留言板

Understanding Owner Role

thumbnail
Enrico Oliosi,修改在11 年前。

Understanding Owner Role

Junior Member 帖子: 73 加入日期: 10-7-6 最近的帖子
Hi,
I created a new regular role: "My Role" and I chose "Permissions" option by multi action button.
Inside the page "Permissions" I have the list of regular roles, so there are these lines:

Role Assign Members Define Permissions Delete Manage Announcements Permissions Update View
My Role
Owner
Portal Content Reviewer
Power User
User

The line Owner has all options checked ("Assign Members", "Define Permissions", ecc), but I am not able to understand their meaning.

If I uncheck this options: what happens? What is owner role used for?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: Understanding Owner Role

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
The owner is the user that placed the portlet on the page. Normally that user has full access to make necessary changes. If you uncheck these permissions, the owner will not have any additional access to the portlet. However, as the owner will have other roles (i.e. guest and some others), the owner would have whatever permissions have given to the other roles that they also have.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
If I uncheck this options: what happens? What is owner role used for?

As David replied, owner is the user who has a complete control of the resource. If you uncheck all owner's options, if you haven't given these options to other roles, you may not be able to use/change the resource.
Pravin s,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 14-12-10 最近的帖子
Hi Enrico Oliosi

Owner Role is One kind of permission where liferay automatically assign One who created the portlet or Model Resource. If you remove the owner permission to the portlet, the person who created the portlet cannot Access the portlet except Super Admin...

Regards
Pravin Durai
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Pravin s:
If you remove the owner permission to the portlet, the person who created the portlet cannot Access the portlet except Super Admin...

Not true. Super Admin (which isn't really a role unless you are talking about Omni admins) is not necessary, any administrator (and sometimes just a site administrator) would be able to manage the resource.