留言板

Liferay 6.1.1 Migrating portlets from 5.0.1

thumbnail
Elijah Mangason,修改在11 年前。

Liferay 6.1.1 Migrating portlets from 5.0.1

Junior Member 帖子: 65 加入日期: 12-5-14 最近的帖子
Greetings all,

I have a .WAR containing several portlets developed under Liferay 5.0.1 (presumably using EXT) that I need to migrate into 6.1.1. Dropping the .WAR into the liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/deploy directory then starting the Tomcat 7 results in several errors, and nothing is deployed. This same .WAR is running fine, however, on our 5.0.1 installation. Would anyone have ideas on how to approach this migration? All help and suggestions are really appreciated!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: Liferay 6.1.1 Migrating portlets from 5.0.1

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
First any custom javascript will need to be looked at. 6.1 does not include jQuery by default, so you'd have to either adapt your JS code to use AUI, or create a theme to include jQuery in 6.1 (even though that's frowned upon).

Second, any of your portlets from 5.0 using a Liferay API method need to be rebuilt using a 6.1.1 SDK. This will hilight where the API changed that you need to recode around.

Third, there is no EXT plugin anymore. You're going to have to refactor your project into a standard portlet plugin module.

Finally, you must understand that a lot of work goes into each Liferay release and they cannot therefore maintain backwards compatibility for plugins. Often any version update will require some rework on your part to bring your custom plugins forward to the next release.
thumbnail
Elijah Mangason,修改在10 年前。

I'm just returning to this project after nearly a year on something else. Now the migration is again a priority. Just wondering...

1. How would I know if the portlets in the old .war file were developed using the .EXT environment?

2. How do I refactor the portlets into the standard plugin module? The .WAR file is just a huge bundle of JAVA classes - not sure which code goes with which portlet. Our currently Liferay portal indicates that there are 32 portlets within the .WAR file (per the menu to add/remove portlets).

Any help or advice truly appreciated!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
A portlet plugin can contain multiple portlets. It may be easier to put all 32 into one portlet plugin, just so you don't have to resolve all of the dependencies...
thumbnail
Elijah Mangason,修改在10 年前。

Trying to go through the upgrade process release by release. So now upgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.1.2 and getting this error:

07:37:01,361 ERROR [ContextLoader:215] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Failed to load custom c
ontext class [com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalWebApplicationContext]; ne
sted exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.spring.co
ntext.PortalWebApplicationContext...

It's much documented for 5.1 release as a failure to instantiate a bean, however, it looks like custom classes are missing. All I have is the war file - not source other than that. Any ideas on how to find the missing classes would be so very much appreciated!