留言板

XUGGLER installed and configured but not working!

Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

XUGGLER installed and configured but not working!

Junior Member 帖子: 31 加入日期: 12-8-14 最近的帖子
Hi Liferay folks,

I have installed and configured xuggler into liferay to preview video files in document library portlet.

but when i upload a video file and go to the preview page of the portlet, i cant see any preview there.

In console i am getting error as:
12:27:20,391 ERROR [liferay/document_library_video_processor-1][VideoProcessorImpl:509] com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor.execute(ProcessExecutor.java:98)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideoXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:473)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideoXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:504)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:407)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:77)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorUtil.generateVideo(VideoProcessorUtil.java:30)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.VideoProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(VideoProcessorMessageListener.java:37)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:25)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:63)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:110)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:671)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:582)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor.execute(ProcessExecutor.java:53)
	... 12 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:188)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:132)
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1021)
	... 13 more
12:27:20,391 ERROR [liferay/document_library_video_processor-1][VideoProcessorImpl:340] com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor.execute(ProcessExecutor.java:98)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateThumbnailXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:325)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:419)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:77)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorUtil.generateVideo(VideoProcessorUtil.java:30)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.VideoProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(VideoProcessorMessageListener.java:37)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:25)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:63)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:110)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:671)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:582)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java": CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor.execute(ProcessExecutor.java:53)
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:188)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:132)
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1021)
	... 12 more
12:27:20,435 ERROR [liferay/document_library_video_processor-1][VideoProcessorImpl:425] com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: document_thumbnail/19/208/11216/11217.jpg
com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: document_thumbnail/19/208/11216/11217.jpg
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateThumbnailXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:352)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:419)
Caused by: com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: document_thumbnail/19/208/11216/11217.jpg
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.BaseStore.addFile(BaseStore.java:108)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.StoreProxyImpl.addFile(StoreProxyImpl.java:52)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.SafeFileNameStoreWrapper.addFile(SafeFileNameStoreWrapper.java:70)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.DLStoreImpl.addFile(DLStoreImpl.java:100)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.DLStoreUtil.addFile(DLStoreUtil.java:123)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLPreviewableProcessor.addFileToStore(DLPreviewableProcessor.java:218)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.storeThumbnailImages(VideoProcessorImpl.java:243)
	at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateThumbnailXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:343)
	... 10 more</init></init>

I couldn't understand what is this file or extension too long error in context of Xuggler in LR?! Please help me with this friends emoticon

P.S.: consider me a Naive in Liferay. started working on this from just three months back. emoticon
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在11 年前。

RE: XUGGLER installed and configured but not working!

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

Juan Gonzalez P:
Liferay version?

Did you read all from this article?

http://www.liferay.com/es/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Preview+Generation#section-Preview+Generation-Audio+and+Video+Previews

Hi Gonzalez,

Thanks for replying. Yes of-course, I read it. Infact, that was my starting point on this configuring-xuggler-in-liferay thing. I m using LR-6.1.1 EE. I'll tell u what exactly i did.

I have downloaded and installed Xuggler from the windows link in that guide(http://www.liferay.com/es/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Preview+Generation#section-Preview+Generation-Audio+and+Video+Previews).
Then I 've set the Env. vars XUGGLE_HOME and Path with respective values.
Then From portal I've selected the respective JAR and clicked INSTALL. It showed an unexpected error. So I had to download that JAR manually. Then i copied it to the Eclipse Tomcats LIB folder.
Then From the portal only I ENABLED xuggler. I thought I was ready but Nothing happened except for that error log i've posted.
thumbnail

Pranay,

Please re-read the article. We updated the wiki so it' more clear for installing in each version (6.1.0 GA1 or 6.1.1 GA2).

In 6.1.1 GA2 you DON'T have to install Xuggler. Simply download the jar from control Panel and you're done. In your case undone the steps for install Xuggler and remove XUGGLER_HOME and all Xuggler entries in environment variables.
Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

Juan Gonzalez P:
Pranay,

Please re-read the article. We updated the wiki so it' more clear for installing in each version (6.1.0 GA1 or 6.1.1 GA2).

In 6.1.1 GA2 you DON'T have to install Xuggler. Simply download the jar from control Panel and you're done. In your case undone the steps for install Xuggler and remove XUGGLER_HOME and all Xuggler entries in environment variables.

Gonzalez,

Ok. I ll Do it and let u know here emoticon
thumbnail

Great.

Don't use Eclipse for Xuggler libs the first time. It can cause problems in classpath for Xuggler. Just try doing it from Control Panel. If you have an error, then post here the logs.
Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

Juan Gonzalez P:
Great.

Don't use Eclipse for Xuggler libs the first time. It can cause problems in classpath for Xuggler. Just try doing it from Control Panel. If you have an error, then post here the logs.

When i try to install xuggler from control panel only it is showing as "An unexpected error occurred while installing Xuggler.: xuggle.googlecode.com"

So i,ve downloaded the jar file - "xuggle-xuggler-arch-i686-w64-mingw32.jar" which is for windows 32-bit machine and placed it in Tom cats LIB folder.

Then it was showing "Xuggler seem to have installed correctly in your computer. Check box to enable"

So, which WEB-INF/lib u were refering to? is it "[liferay-Tomcat]\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib"??
Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

and when i hit install button in control panel

The following errors are logged in the console.

java.net.UnknownHostException: xuggle.googlecode.com
	at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:176)
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:157)
	at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)
	at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.HttpImpl$FastProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(HttpImpl.java:1360)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:707)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1361)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:387)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.HttpImpl.URLtoByteArray(HttpImpl.java:1211)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.HttpImpl.URLtoByteArray(HttpImpl.java:849)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.HttpImpl.URLtoByteArray(HttpImpl.java:861)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.HttpUtil.URLtoByteArray(HttpUtil.java:259)
	at com.liferay.portal.util.JarUtil.downloadAndInstallJar(JarUtil.java:58)
	at com.liferay.portal.xuggler.XugglerImpl.installNativeLibraries(XugglerImpl.java:43)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.xuggler.XugglerUtil.installNativeLibraries(XugglerUtil.java:34)
	at com.liferay.portlet.admin.action.EditServerAction.installXuggler(EditServerAction.java:327)
	at com.liferay.portlet.admin.action.EditServerAction.processAction(EditServerAction.java:179)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:169)
	at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:212)
	at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:70)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:48)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:548)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:579)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:294)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAction.java:944)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:688)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:249)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:176)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:560)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:537)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:163)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:294)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:57)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:73)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:684)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:471)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:402)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:329)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:138)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:72)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:163)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:335)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:206)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:108)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:123)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:294)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.i18n.I18nFilter.processFilter(I18nFilter.java:241)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:246)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmPostFilter.processFilter(NtlmPostFilter.java:83)
	at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:80)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.processFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:216)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:187)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:95)
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:167)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:95)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:167)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:187)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:73)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:225)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:927)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:999)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:565)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

In control panel it is showing "An unexpected error occurred while installing Xuggler.: xuggle.googlecode.com" as i said before.
thumbnail

That's a problem from your network that can't access internet addresses from your server.
Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

Gonzalez,

Ok i've undone everything and started all over again, in a fresh instance.

From cntrl pnl>server admin>external serv's>. There i selected the 32bit windows jar and clicked on install. Just like it happened earlier Now also it showed an unknown error (Why is this happening??). So i downloaded that respective JAR from here --> http://xuggle.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/share/java/xuggle/xuggle-xuggler/5.4/ and copied that file into Tomcat's LIB folder.

Now in cntrl pnl>server admin>external serv's>. I've enabled Xuggler. and then uploaded a video only to find that No preview is available and some errors listed in the console o/p.
thumbnail

RE: XUGGLER installed and configured but not working! (答复)

Post errors here as I've said before.

What jar did you do download?

Jar should be in WEB-INF/lib, not Tomcat lib.
Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

Juan Gonzalez P:

This WEB-INF/lib did the magic emoticon Prob solved TY emoticon
thumbnail

Pranay Sanam:
Juan Gonzalez P:

This WEB-INF/lib did the magic emoticon Prob solved TY emoticon

Great it is working now.
Pranay Sanam,修改在11 年前。

hey folks,

Can anyone say which formats are supported to preview in Documents and Media portlet??

Xuggler has been installed successfully.

Thanks,
Pranay.
thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair,修改在11 年前。

RE: XUGGLER installed and configured but not working! (答复)

Liferay Master 帖子: 722 加入日期: 07-12-19 最近的帖子
Pranay Sanam:
hey folks,

Can anyone say which formats are supported to preview in Documents and Media portlet??

Xuggler has been installed successfully.

Thanks,
Pranay.

Hi Pranav,

ImageMagic and OpenOffice are used to view and converts these documents

pdf, .docx, .odt, .ppt, .odp,etc

Xuggler allows for audio and video previews and lets you play audio and video files in your browser and extracts thumbnails from video files. and it supports most of the media formats.

- Gnaniyar Zubair
thumbnail
Muhammed Shafeek V,修改在10 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 140 加入日期: 13-7-22 最近的帖子
Hi,
I can able to configure xuggler successfully. Now when i uploading a video to document and media its generating a preview image for that video I uploaded. Now I want to get that priview image from liferay, Is it possible? how ? please help me. iam using liferay 6.1.1.
Thanks In advance.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

Here it is:

DLUtil.getPreviewURL(fileEntry, fileVersion, themeDisplay, "&amp;videoThumbnail=1");
thumbnail
Gabriel Leon Leyva,修改在10 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 243 加入日期: 09-6-20 最近的帖子
Juan I had xuggler install on a 32 bits... no problem, I change to 64 bits the xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.jar is already install in WEB-INF/lib but keeps saying that I need the natives libraries, I try to compile xuggler from git but gives me many errors, searching in google seems that there is a problem with 64 bits system.

How can I make xuggle work on 64 bits, do I need the libraries in xuggle_home?

Thanks in advance

ubuntu server 13.10

configure-native:
[echo] executing: ../../../configure --prefix=/usr/local/xuggler
[exec] checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
[exec] configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make distclean" there first
[exec] checking whether build environment is sane... yes
[exec] checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
[exec] checking for gawk... gawk
[exec] checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes

BUILD FAILED
/home/work/xuggle-xuggler/mk/buildtools/buildhelper.xml:1171: exec returned: 1
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

Gabriel Leon Leyva:
Juan I had xuggler install on a 32 bits... no problem, I change to 64 bits the xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.jar is already install in WEB-INF/lib but keeps saying that I need the natives libraries, I try to compile xuggler from git but gives me many errors, searching in google seems that there is a problem with 64 bits system.

Are you using the 64 bits libraries in a Windows 64 bits environment? This isn't clear after reading your question.

Perhaps there is an error for that speficic environment. Can you search in Xuggler forums/Google?
thumbnail

Nope I've a Ubuntu server 13.10 and downloaded the git source of xuggler to build the libraries but throw many errors, then downloaded a linux installer of xuggler worked it generated the preview but change all logs from liferay from info to debug, where can I download the binaries for ubuntu 64 bits? the docs from xuggler installer is old and the links don't work anymore.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

You can download and install automatically the needed jar from Liferay Control Panel.

First ensure to uninstall all your previous Xuggler installations so they don't collide.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

BTW it's working fine for me using Ubuntu 12.04 and downloading from Control Panel -.> Server Administration -> External Services.

After downloading and installing from there, it should work.
thumbnail

yes i'e done that already, but downloads just hte jar file, but I think liferay also needs the libraries from /usr/local/xuggler.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

Gabriel Leon Leyva:
yes i'e done that already, but downloads just hte jar file, but I think liferay also needs the libraries from /usr/local/xuggler.

Nope. Just has to be in Liferay server classpath.

What is written in logs when you click in "Install" from Control Panel?
thumbnail

downloads the xuggler 64 bit jar file but when restarting the server keeps saying
Liferay does not have the Xuggler native libraries installed. In order to generate video and audio previews, please follow the instructions for Xuggler in the Server Administration control panel at: http://<server>/group/control_panel/manage/-/server/external-services
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

Gabriel, I just need the logs when you click in "Install".

Please post them.
thumbnail

Do I have to download tomcat 64 bits? becouse my files are from a backup of a 32 bits system.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

It can be the cause if it already has a xuggler*.jar file.

What Xuggler files does the backup have in WEB-INF/lib?
thumbnail

it's what I tought and remove the 686 file but keeps saying that I need to install xuggler

this are the files actually in the server

root@www:/opt/liferay/tomcat# find . -name xug* -print.

/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu.jar
./lib/xuggle-xuggler-noarch.jar
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

You can try to search if there is another Xuggler installation in the server and/or environment variables like XUGGLE_HOME.

Perhaps there is an issue with file permissions. Check it out.
thumbnail

what files do I need in xuugler home?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

Gabriel Leon Leyva:
what files do I need in xuugler home?

Short answer: none. emoticon

You only need those two xuggler jar files you had in your WEB-INF/lib directory. If there are any other xuggler file round there, probably is wrong.
thumbnail

Ok I remove everything in xuggle-home restart the server and samething says that I need to install xuggler native libraries, as I said it was working fine in the 32 bits system
change to 64 and does not work
thumbnail

santos demonios !!! found the problem!! I did remove the xuggle-xuggler-noarch.jar from by mistake from ROOT/WEB-INF/lib... I copy the file from tomcat/lib to ROOT/WEB-INF/lib and xuggler its working again... thanks Juan.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

Great!

Remember to remove xuggler jar files from TOMCAT/lib directory and ensure they are only in liferay WEB-INF/lib. Those libraries shouldn't be there.
thumbnail

thanks I'll do that. :-)
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

BTW, did you restart the tomcat server after deleting the old 686 jar file?
thumbnail

yes