留言板

Help importing large amounts Wiki content (that isn't in .lar format)

Calvin Pert,修改在11 年前。

Help importing large amounts Wiki content (that isn't in .lar format)

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 12-10-19 最近的帖子
Hello.

I'm an experienced systems architect. Our project is using Liferay to develop a data dictionary for a national client.

To initialize the Liferay Wiki, we need to load hundreds (and hundreds) of pages based on exports from various data sources. Would anybody have a suggestion as to how we can do this?

I'm hoping we'd be able to create an import file, and import the hundreds of Wiki pages in the same manner as if it was a .lar file.

I hope you can help. Thanks.
Calvin Pert,修改在11 年前。

RE: Help importing large amounts Wiki content (that isn't in .lar format)

Eh guys.. one more thing.
We'd be willing to import the pages from the database back-end if necessary- provided it could be done without affecting the data integrity.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
If there's no inter-page links within the content (external links are OK), the best way is probably to develop an importer program. This can be done by external program using liferay's web service interface or by developing a portlet to import a file.
Calvin Pert,修改在11 年前。

Thanks. It looks hopeful that we'll be able to use the "Portlet_Wiki_WikiPageService" web service, because I found things in there like an AddPage method.

Would there be an example of how to use use it- to expedite the learning curve? For example, I'm not sure where to derive the Node ID, or the service.context ?

PS. We were hoping actually to be able to use a DocBooks.xml.
Calvin Pert,修改在11 年前。

RE: Help importing large amounts Wiki content (that isn't in .lar format) (答复)

I tried everything, and found it more struggle then it was worth.

In the end, we used an automated testing tool.