留言板

same database/application on 2 tomcat server

sandeep tripathi,修改在11 年前。

same database/application on 2 tomcat server

Regular Member 帖子: 100 加入日期: 11-10-19 最近的帖子
Hi Everyone,

to overcome the load of site ,we had use a load balance and two server on both the server same liferay application is deployed in tomcat which is pointing to same database .
now we facing 2 issue
1) if i upload a new image on one server other server does not have that image in it data folder .
2) if i change a web content (editing the link given in web content )on one server other server the content change . i mean when i click on edit web content i can see the updated link but the web content is not pointing to that link.

can some one please help me out with wat can i do .

Regards
Sandeep
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

RE: same database/application on 2 tomcat server

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
1) if i upload a new image on one server other server does not have that image in it data folder .

That's probably because you're saving image files to the local directory. You'll need to save it to a shared drive or to something like cms.

2) if i change a web content (editing the link given in web content )on one server other server the content change . i mean when i click on edit web content i can see the updated link but the web content is not pointing to that link.

I'm not understanding what you're doing. Would you explain the exact steps.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14915 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
sandeep tripathi:
can some one please help me out with wat can i do .

Sure. Realize that putting a load balancer in front of two separate web applications does not mean you've now got a cluster.

The two liferay instances will need additional configuration so they work together in a cluster, such as sharing the image gallery, document library, database, and indexes...
JB Burbea,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 37 加入日期: 12-4-5 最近的帖子
Hi David,

I thought there was a configuration that allowed us to use database only for document library and the image gallery, indexes etc. Perhaps not the best performance but allow us not to use a file system for the liferay home data?

Thank you for your support.
sandeep tripathi,修改在11 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 100 加入日期: 11-10-19 最近的帖子
Hi Everyone,

after going through this link http://videos.liferay.com/webinars/2010-07-28.ogv i had understand
we need to configure database ,image gallery, document library ,indexes as also explain by david

for sharing database i had use same database in portal-ext.properties in my both the instance.
for sharing the image gallery, document library i had try on my local system first i had cut data folder from liferay-portal-6.0.5 and added following in portal-ext.properties in local system

image.hook.impl=com.liferay.portal.image.FileSystemHook
image.hook.file.system.root.dir=path/data/images
dl.hook.impl=com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.FileSystemHook
dl.hook.file.system.root.dir=path/data/document_library

and restart tomcat but this is not working is this right !!!

Regards
Sandeep