留言板

Liferay 6.2 Milestone 1 status

thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在11 年前。

Liferay 6.2 Milestone 1 status

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
A big THANK YOU to all of you who have submitted Milestone 1 reviews! I will start the compilation process this week and notify you once your document is ready to be reviewed in the collaborative google.com environment. For those who have not yet taken a crack at it, you still have another 2 weeks to finish, but the faster the better (as always) as Liferay really wants to have a chance to fix stuff.

For those wondering about the "new" calendar - it was not included in the build of Milestone 1, and was difficult to install manually, as it's still a work in progress and its source code quickly deviated away from being compatible with M1 (so you had to carefully find the right commit hash to download and compile the source). For those brave souls who were able to do this - congratulations!

For those still wishing to test it: We are going to do another Milestone build (Milestone 2) in the next week, and will include the calendar build with it (and not much more). These milestones are forcing our release process into a more regular and predictable cadence, and refining our process to take into account JIRA, sourceforge, Marketplace, and the myriad components that are coming into the build in an integrated yet decoupled/modular way. So all is not lost, and I'm excited to see where it takes us. As always, you can see on the 6.2 Dev Board what is being worked on and what is complete (and will appear in the Milestones).
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

RE: Liferay 6.2 Milestone 1 status

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Just wondering is you're going to be testing JDK7 support too. Users using jdk7 is becoming common and I see an quick fix issue on the board.
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在11 年前。

RE: Liferay 6.2 Milestone 1 status

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
Hitoshi Ozawa:
Just wondering is you're going to be testing JDK7 support too. Users using jdk7 is becoming common and I see an quick fix issue on the board.

Yeah, this is a good idea - Liferay's intention is to support JDK 7 in the next CE release, so now's a good time to start that testing. I'll include it in the M2 round.