留言板

plugins not working on 6.1CE or 6.1CE-patched versions

gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

plugins not working on 6.1CE or 6.1CE-patched versions

Liferay Master 帖子: 797 加入日期: 08-8-24 最近的帖子
Hi All,

I cannot get plugins working on the above versions. Has anyone successfully installed and configured plugins on the above versions?

thanks
thumbnail
Drew Blessing,修改在11 年前。

RE: plugins not working on 6.1CE or 6.1CE-patched versions

Junior Member 帖子: 78 加入日期: 11-1-27 最近的帖子
Can you please provide some details as to what you're seeing? I can successfully deploy plugins on 6.1 CE. Error messages and/or stack traces are helpful.
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

thanks for the reply. I have been trying to determine if it was my environment. Nothing in logs at all. The plugins after config show nothing. Your reply helps. Now I know it must be my implementation.

Did you build plugins from source? I have been using war file.

thanks
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
No problem at all.

Probably a problem in your environment. After this problem and other problem you told about a jsp being removed, I am starting to be sure about that...
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Juan: I came to same conclusion. I am in the process of setting up another VS to install LR and see what happens.

thanks for your time
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Is this for all plugins or a particular plugin? I haven't had any difficulties deploying portlets in Liferay 6.1.0 GA1 and Liferay 6.1.1 GA2.
Also, how are you trying to deploy your plugins? Are you copying it to the deploy folder? Is the war file deleted after few seconds and nothing appears?
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Hitoshi: this is just the facebook plugins.

thanks
thumbnail

gordon,

Do you have some ext-plugin or hook plugin? Seems very weird...

If you want you can install liferay from scratch in other environment, I will help for any problems you have.
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Juan: You are too kind. No I do not have any hooks or ext plugins. Both installs are basic LR with classic theme. I've easily have installed LR over a hundred times. I play around alot with it in virtual servers. I've never seen the problems I am having but am working on setting up new environment.

I first noticed problems when I switched over to patched version of LR. I don't think it has anything to do with that version. I installed a vanilla LR and am having same problems. This is on my desktop developtment system. I an now setting up a virtual server for development that will have patched version. That way I am off my desktop and will start trying to figure out what is broken there.

Thank you for your offer. I will set up new install and if I run into issues will post them.

thanks again.
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Hi All,

I believe the issues I have been having are due to the way the fb.war file is packaged. I will give you data points on why I think this. Anyone reading this post, is aware I thought it was my environment. I no longer think that is the case.

1. I downloaded and installed fb-integration-portlet-6.1.0.1.2.war. I then configured the portlets as follows:
1.1 Activity Portlet - unchecked 'sdk facebook' and configured url as organization url. It worked .
1.2 Like Box Portlet - unchecked 'sdk facebook' and configured with https://www.facebook.com/XXXX. It worked.
Comment: I believe the reason these two portlets did not work before is because the portlets default to having the 'sdk facebook' ticked. I don't have a facebook sdk anything, not sure what that entails. However, as soon as I un-ticked them, they worked.

2. The following portlets do not work: Like Button, Comments, and Face Pile.

3. I removed all portlets and unregistered the 1.2 war version. I then downloaded and installed fb-integration-portlet-6.1.0.1.war file.
3.1 Activity Portlet worked with the above config.
3. 2 Like Box Porltet worked with the above config.
3.3 Comment Box worked using origination's url.
3.4 Like Button and Face Pile do not.

So, the reason I think its the war file package is based on the above. As one can see three portlets work in version 6.1.0.1. I welcome any comments as Facebook integration is very important to me.

thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

I just use widgets in my portlets. Very clean and very easy to develop and maintain.
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Hitoshi: Hi - what widgets?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

Facebook widget:
http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/

Google has gadgets too. Just page the <script> tag to the webcontent source code or create a new portlet using Liferay IDE wizard and paste the code to the generated view.jsp page.

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?synd=open
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Hitoshi: thanks for the links. Installed them and they work fine.

thanks again
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Bump: So, I have two portlets that work in 1.2 verison and three portlets in .1.1 version.

Has anyone installed all portlets in 6.1ga2ce without a Facebook sdk account? I don't have one and I think this is the problem. Any thoughts?
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Just set up a new server and did an install of 6.1ga2 and 6.1ga2patched. I still have the same issues with the portlets. Any thoughts?
thumbnail

Did you try installing those Liferay without the facebook portlet or any other custom portlet?

You can tell us what steps do you take, if you do some "custom" configuration, etc.
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Juan: Hi - yes I installed without fb porlets. And there are no custom portlets. I would like to post steps of sever build with 6.1ce-patched, but I don't think this project forum is the right place.

Perhaps you could suggest where I should post.

thanks
Alejandro Alvarez,修改在11 年前。

New Member 帖子: 13 加入日期: 12-9-10 最近的帖子
Gordon: Hi, how about to send them to be posted here...

https://www.lcepatchers.org/guidelines

BR
Alejandro
gordon daniels,修改在11 年前。

Alejandro: Hi - that's fine by me, but not sure if that is a good place since its about guidelines. What do you think?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在11 年前。

It's not really a patched version issue but more of a facebook portlet issue. Facebook portlet isn't installed in liferay but default. It's just that some of these portlets are not too well written.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1668 加入日期: 08-7-15 最近的帖子
Hi guys, there was an issue because facebook changed their API.

The plugins should be working fine now. The new version can be downloaded from here.

thanks!