留言板

What is the best reporting engine for LifeRay?

Shayan Mashatian,修改在15 年前。

What is the best reporting engine for LifeRay?

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 09-1-15 最近的帖子
Hi All,
I am researching to find the most compatible/powerful reporting tool to be integrated with LifeRay. Requirements is standard:
- Being able to run SQL queries to generate tables in HTML format
- Export reports to Excel, CSV, pdf, etc.
- Being able to easily add/remove columns to the reports
- Being able to use CSS to decorate reports
- Generate simple charts
- Automate reports to be generate per defined schedules and email them to certain recipients

I looked at Jasper, Birt and couple of other but it seems there is not much information/documentation or experience about them tobe integrated with LifeRay.

Any feedback/experience is much appreciated.

Shayan
thumbnail
Alex Wallace,修改在15 年前。

RE: What is the best reporting engine for LifeRay?

Liferay Master 帖子: 640 加入日期: 07-11-5 最近的帖子
I've used Jasper... I find it to be a great tool.

They provide a web app that you can run in the same app server as liferay, but that doesn't mean it is inside of liferay...

If you need to do custom authentication, and presentation in portlets you should probably write your own portlet and use the Jasper from there...

Jasper can be integrated with any type of java app, so Integrating it with Liferay will be similar to integrating it with any other web app... Which the tool is perfectly suitable for.
xavi c o,修改在15 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 39 加入日期: 09-1-5 最近的帖子
I'm trying to integrate BIRT within a portlet following the instructions described in wiki.eclipse.org and this previous thread. But the integration is not as easy as it appears...

Good Luck
Best regards
Matthew Curry,修改在15 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 28 加入日期: 09-1-22 最近的帖子
I have been meaning to try some of the pentaho reporting stuff, but have not gotten a chance.
thumbnail
Corné .,修改在15 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1313 加入日期: 06-10-3 最近的帖子
I think Pentaho is the most mature and it's also a Liferay Partner.
They have good Eclipse based tools and good proffesional help.

The community is not really helpful though and the documentation is a puzzle.
thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair,修改在15 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 722 加入日期: 07-12-19 最近的帖子
Hi,

I have used Jasper Report. It is very useful reporting tool for Liferay. we can pass the data from JavaBean or Query or xml format.
we can export report in all formats ( CSV, PDF, XLS, XML,HTML).

Jasper Report provides iReport designer Tool. Using that, we can design our report WYSWYG.

Moreover, we can use various types of charts as they are integrating jfreechart.
- Gnaniyar Zubair
thumbnail
iqbal ahmed,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 25 加入日期: 12-4-18 最近的帖子
hi zubair,
i am doing one POC to generate reports using jasper reports. i know how to establish connection to database and generate reports but in our project data is coming

through webservices in XML format. can you provide me some useful link which shows how to generate reports by parsing XML file.

thanks in advace.
Renata Siega,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 34 加入日期: 12-10-29 最近的帖子
Were you able to use the report engine with Liferay Community Edition?
The reason I'm asking this is because in this link http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/overview is shown the differences between CE and EE, and there is this item "Report Engine Integration" and from that I understood that CE can not be integrated with some report engine. Did I got it wrong?
thumbnail
Jan Geißler,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 735 加入日期: 11-7-5 最近的帖子
Jasper is very easy to integrate. Take a look at this Wiki Page:

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/How+to+Use+LiferayServiceBuilderClasses+in+JasperReports+and+IReport
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Renata Siega:
Were you able to use the report engine with Liferay Community Edition?
The reason I'm asking this is because in this link http://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/overview is shown the differences between CE and EE, and there is this item "Report Engine Integration" and from that I understood that CE can not be integrated with some report engine. Did I got it wrong?

No, you just don't understand what the RE integration portlet is...

This portlet is a facade over a jasper engine and can be used to provide a user interface over jasper for reporting purposes.

It does not, however, mean that you cannot use jasper in CE. Take a look at aperte reports which is another set of portlets for interfacing with jasper.

Or, in fact, you can skip the user interface side and just invoke jasper directly. I've done this a couple of times and know that it works with CE.
Renata Siega,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 34 加入日期: 12-10-29 最近的帖子
Thanks!