留言板

[SOLVED] SDK for 6.1.2 Ce GA3 doesn't deploy portlet

thumbnail
Mirto Silvio Busico,修改在10 年前。

[SOLVED] SDK for 6.1.2 Ce GA3 doesn't deploy portlet

Regular Member 帖子: 240 加入日期: 12-1-18 最近的帖子
Hi all,
I'm trying to use the 6.1.2 CE GA3 portal and the corresponding SDK.
To be sure I don't have upgrading problems, I have done a fresh install of potral and sdk.

My framework:
  • Kubuntu 13.04 64Bit
  • portal liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.2-ce-ga3-20130816114619181.zip
  • SDK liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1-20130816114619181.zip

I installed portal in
/LH/bundles/612cega3

I installed SDK in
/LH/plugins/SDK

As for the 6.1 documentation I created a build.USERNAME.properties file containing:
app.server.type=tomcat
app.server.dir=/LH/bundles/612cega3/tomcat-7.0.40/

With these settings, when I create a portlet and give an "ant deploy" command, the portlet war is created in
/LH/plugins/bundles/deploy/
that is the wrong path; so the portlet is not hot deployed
I mean
Adding the parentdir parmeter in the build.USERNAME.properties file; I mean:
app.server.type=tomcat
app.server.dir=/LH/bundles/612cega3/tomcat-7.0.40/
app.server.parent.dir=/LH/bundles/612cega3

the "ant deploy" command copies the portlet war in
/LH/bundles/612cega3/deploy

and the portlet is correctly deployes.

I'm doing something wrong?
There is any documentation update?
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan,修改在10 年前。

RE: SDK for 6.1.2 Ce GA3 doesn't deploy portlet

Expert 帖子: 306 加入日期: 07-4-13 最近的帖子
Mr.Mirto,

What you are doing is perfectly right and as per the documentation for 6.1.1 CE GA2. Just curious to know if you are facing any problems? Kindly lemme know.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook
thumbnail

Thanks for your interest.

I'm just starting with the development, so I'll post any problem I'll encounter.

If you can point me to relevant documentation I'll much appreciate it.

The documents I use are:
  • online guides for 6.1
  • the "Liferay in action" book
  • some blog articles

My development framework is:
  • Kubuntu 13.04 64bit running on a dedicated virtual machine used for Liferay development
  • openjdk-7-sdk java
  • eclipse kepler (from eclipse site: I was not able to work with Liferay IDE on eclipse distributed with kubuntu)
  • 6.1.2 Ce GA3 Liferay portal
  • 6.1.2 sdk (but the downloaded file reports 6.1.1.in the name)
  • 1.6.2 Liferay IDE (I have to install again for 6.1.2 - for 6.1.1 it seemed to work but I had some problems with generating a theme)

The path for development I'm following is:
  • Install portal, sdk and ide (done)
  • test I'm able to generate and deploy a portlet from sdk (done)
  • test I'm able to create and deploy a portlet with eclipse/ide (to do)
  • create a theme that follow my customers standard (I'm an ICT consultant)
  • develop a portlet that executes an arbitrary operating system command and dysplays the command results

Why I'm doing this?
I'm trying to convert two projects I have done using Plone/Python to new implementations using Liferay/java

Any suggestion, hint, link or other is welcome.

Thanks
Mirto
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan,修改在10 年前。

This is perfect Mirto,

You can use Sun Java SDK instead of OpenJDK as there are some issue being face while using this JDK.

You can also refer to my book if required.

I can definitely help you if you can give me specific requirements.
thumbnail

Thanks
Mirto
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
The downloads for v6.1 GA3 including at sourceforge reference v6.1.1 SDK not v6.1.2 SDK

Where is the v6.1.2 SDK ?
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan,修改在10 年前。

Yes, i think the links is the main site is still not updated properly.

In the interim, you can download the actual files from http://releases.liferay.com.

ours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Hi Ahmed, releases.liferay.com link to sourceforge where v6.1.2 SDK is not found
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan,修改在10 年前。

thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Ahmed, your various links all lead to the same place (sourceforge) where only v6.1.1 SDK is found
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan,修改在10 年前。

Jack,

It is strange and confusing. I am able to get to the correct download page. Try refreshing your browser. May be there is a caching issue.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

I get the correct download page too at sourceforge, note that the SDK referenced is v6.1.1 and not v6.1.2 ; I think you are missing what I am saying Ahmed.
thumbnail
Gabriel Leon Leyva,修改在10 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 243 加入日期: 09-6-20 最近的帖子
yes same here sdk 6.1.1
John Pearce,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 13-8-13 最近的帖子
Jack,
Although the SDK is named 6.1.1 it appears to be a 6.1.2 sdk. Also, I've found that you have to update liferay-versions= in liferay-plugin-package.properties to include 6.1.2. to get the deploy to work.
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
John Pearce:
Jack,
Although the SDK is named 6.1.1 it appears to be a 6.1.2 sdk. Also, I've found that you have to update liferay-versions= in liferay-plugin-package.properties to include 6.1.2. to get the deploy to work.

John is correct - Liferay made a decision not to rename the SDK, but instead to further underscore the compatibility between 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. In fact, it should have just been a "6.1 SDK" that would work (and potentially get updates) for all 6.1.x releases, but that may have been too drastic. My guess is that the 6.2 SDK will be named the 6.2 SDK, not any particular version within. Liferay engineering has put a lot of work into compatibility this last release, and it should only get better.

Also, the default setting for newly created projects using this SDK is liferay-versions=6.1.1+ so it should be fine to deploy to 6.1.2 with no need to update any properties files.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

James, is it the same SDK as you seem to imply ? if so then just changing liferay-plugin-package.properties liferay-versions=6.1.1 to 6.1.1+ should suffice ?
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
Jack Bakker:
James, is it the same SDK as you seem to imply ? if so then just changing liferay-plugin-package.properties liferay-versions=6.1.1 to 6.1.1+ should suffice ?

Oh no, it is most certainly *not* the *same* SDK, it is a much better one! emoticon You can also see the initial download size of the Plugins SDK has drastically been reduced (it is only 10MB now, but it used to be 23Memoticon, thanks to LPS-31936.

If you look inside the new Plugins SDK, you can see the default version setting here: liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1/tools/portlet_tmpl/docroot/WEB-INF:
liferay-versions=6.1.1+
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

thanks for clarification ; this is kinda wacky tho ; why not name the downloadable file with *6.1.2 in sourceforge and set liferay-plugin-package.properties liferay-versions=6.1.1+

just my two cents, tho in Canada they retired the penny, so even a penny for your thoughts is no longer a valid currency
Charles Austin,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 11-1-28 最近的帖子
Hey everyone, I'm the guy responsible for building our release files, so I'll try to clear things up and explain our decisions here.

The reason the plugins SDK zip is labeled as version 6.1.1 for this release is because for GA3, we took a somewhat different approach with the portal and plugins. The portal was bumped up in its version number to 6.1.2, while plugins were simply designated as 6.1.1+ so they would remain compatible with both the existing 6.1.1 portal and the new 6.1.2 release. Essentially, our plugins for this build were version 6.1.1, while our portal was 6.1.2. If we were distributing plugins the old fashioned way instead of using Marketplace like we're doing now, you'd see that all the plugins have 6.1.1 in their file names.

The reason the plugins SDK is sort of the black sheep on that list of files linked above is because it's the only file that's built from the plugins repository, and thus it carries the plugins version both internally and in its file name. Originally we were planning to rename it to match the portal version so it doesn't look out of place, but that really wouldn't be accurate with what it actually is. The "GA3" versus "GA2" should be enough to distinguish this one from the previous one. I guess we could set its version as 6.1.1+ but that's kind of ugly, and it would probably have some annoying side effects in our scripts due to + being a regex special character.

That doesn't mean we're not up for suggestions, though. If this turns out to be really unpopular or causes issues for people, just let us know. emoticon
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

given sdk is actually a new release, my vote is for sdk to have 6.1.2 in downloadable filename where (behind the scenes?) it just supports 6.1.1+ (backward-compatable-like)

(there is no GA3 in filename, only visible via links)

best wishes wrt your responsible guy black sheep build challenges ; will now check it again now that I know the following file is the one I need for v6.1.2 liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1-20130816114619181.zip
Joan Fluvia,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 13 加入日期: 13-11-6 最近的帖子
For someone (like me) that has previously installed the 6.1.1 plugin version of the 6.1.1 GA2 can be a little troublesome...
I saw the same name so I supposed that it was the same plugin. It didn't occurred to me that it can be a diferent version with the same name. Until an error of incompatibility is arised. At first I changed the value in liferay-plugin-package.properties from 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 but luckily I found this post to clarify and download the correct plugin (and renamed it to 6.1.2 to not mess with the other one) emoticon
Rob Silver,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 47 加入日期: 13-6-20 最近的帖子
I would just like to clarify.
You mean that the liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1 folder can be used with Liferay GA 6.1.2 CE so long as the file:
liferay-plugin-package.properties file is changed to:
liferay-versions=6.1.1+

from the original line: liferay-versions=6.1.1
??
gordon daniels,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 797 加入日期: 08-8-24 最近的帖子
Hi, I've tried the suggestions in this post but nothing works. I can copy the war file from sdk/dist directory to /liferay/deploy directory and then it will deploy, but running ant does not deploy to /liferay/deploy directory.

6.1.2 ga2 works fine. Has anyone come up with a solution?

thanks
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Hi Gordon,

I had to add the following to my C:\liferay\*clientname*\workspace_*clientname*612\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1\build.jbakker.properties

app.server.parent.dir = C:\\liferay\\*clientname*\\liferay-portal-6.1.2-ce-ga3

Without that line the wars were landing in C:\liferay\*clientname*\workspace_*clientname*612\bundles\deploy

(of course Mirto pointed this out in his original post to this thread...)

(I have deleted some posts I made to this thread as they were useless and likely misleading : I had copied from Linux to Windows and ended up with all sorts of strange issues not relevant to the subject at hand)
gordon daniels,修改在10 年前。

Jack: thaks for replying. That's not working for me.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

gordon daniels:
I can copy the war file from sdk/dist directory to /liferay/deploy directory and then it will deploy, but running ant does not deploy to /liferay/deploy directory.

can you tell me where the .war is ending up when you run the ant deploy task ? is it landing in *sdk*/bundles/deploy ?

also I gave syntax for Windows, for linux or osx is slightly different... which platform are you on ?
gordon daniels,修改在10 年前。

Hi Jack:

it ends up in /sdk/dist directory. I am on linux (ubuntu) running java1.6_45, ant 1.9. No error messages. I've gone back to ga2. This is wasting too much of my time :-)

thanks for your help
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Hi Gordon

Yeah, I had to give up too just after GA3 came out as clients were pressing me just to 'show' progress over GA2. But since then I've been pressured to get this going over GA3 and have done 3 dev upgrades to GA3 and they all seem to be working.

just an ant 'build' would indeed just put the war only in the sdk/dist folder, but the deploy task should build then put it in ${app.server.parent.dir}/deploy which is why I set

app.server.parent.dir = C:\\liferay\\*clientname*\\liferay-portal-6.1.2-ce-ga3

on linux I have likes of

app.server.parent.dir = /opt/liferay/*clientname*/liferay-portal-6.1.2-ce-ga3

I am guessing the above additional line is not there properly in your /sdk/build.gdaniels.properties file

also make sure I didn't screw you up with a previous misleading post ; the below is the default portal.properties which should be fine

auto.deploy.deploy.dir=${liferay.home}/deploy

but might not be fine if you upgraded as $liferay.home might not be set properly - if you upgraded and have setup.wizard.enabled=true in portal-setup-wizard.properties ; try setting it to setup.wizard.enabled=false, and smack it again

smack to me means one of two things: 0) on failure: the sound of mouse hitting its head against a wall in a maze 1) on success: smakelijk (Dutch for tasty or delicious) as in semblance of successfully chasing the cheese
gordon daniels,修改在10 年前。

Jack: your post had me laughing. I've done all the things you have mentioned but time is running out for me. I need to deliver a finished theme in the next couple of days, so ga2 it is. Thank you for taking time to help me. It means alot to me. Have a good evening.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Gordon: while I gather you are on back on the ga2 track deferring ga3 ; when you get back to it, perhaps this helps:

I had a workspace_*client*611 and then created a new workspace_*client*612

I copied all plugins (themes, portlets, layouts) from workspace_*client*611/*sdk*/* into new workspace_*client*612/*sdk*/*

and then, in the new workspace, I used the IDE feature "New Liferay Project from Existing Source" over and over selecting each plugin (thanks Greg and IDE team for this feature) ; I noticed that for themes the compatibility version in liferay-look-and-feel.xml was updated automagically to 6.1.2+

but then for all theme/layout/portlet plugins I had to update manually liferay-plugin-package.properties to update liferay-versions=6.1.1 to liferay-versions=6.1.1+

(I will save you the gory git management details on all this amongst 3 developers)

Good to laugh now and then my fellow mouse. Good luck with your theme project.
gordon daniels,修改在10 年前。

Jack: I did similiar steps. I actually can use ga3 if I copy war from sdk to 'deploy' directory. But that is such a pain. I will pick it back up next week. I don't use the IDE, tried it about three years ago and it was buggy so went to sdk. Buggy too :-) but not as much. I keep meaning to try it again. In fact David was encourging me to use it on a previous post. So, I will try next week.

thanks again for your help
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

For me in the grand scheme of things the IDE is very productive. Sounds again tho as you don't have your build.gdaniels.properties set properly to point to where to put the war on ant deploy. Let's pause this discussion till you've had time to dig.
gordon daniels,修改在10 年前。

You may be right. Next week will let you know out comes.

thanks
gordon daniels,修改在10 年前。

Jack: : Success!!!! I have it working now. Found a slight mistake in build.gordon.properties file. Re-reading this whole thread and your invaluable help - explanations; I got it working. Yeah!

thanks Jack!
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Cool !