留言板

ATTN: Liferay 6.2 Translations due September 25!

thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

ATTN: Liferay 6.2 Translations due September 25!

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
Hello Translation Team members!

We are approaching the next release of Liferay Portal (version 6.2). All new and updated translations must be committed no later than September 25, 2013, if it is to be included in the release. This will give the Liferay release team enough time to verify and correct any last minute issues.

If you have a translation that you wish to submit, be sure it is first entered into translate.liferay.com (our Pootle instance that manages community contributed translations), and contact the translation team lead for the language in which you are contributing, so they can ensure it is in place before September 25.

Thanks for all of the awesome translations you all have provided thus far. If you are interested, please add your name to the "Contributor Hall of Fame" if you wish to be recognized in the Liferay documentation (in this case the README) for the wonderful work you've all done!
thumbnail
Luis Mas,修改在10 年前。

RE: ATTN: Liferay 6.2 Translations due September 25!

Regular Member 帖子: 146 加入日期: 09-5-18 最近的帖子
Buff Bufff emoticon
thumbnail
Fernando Garcez,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 7 加入日期: 10-10-4 最近的帖子
pt_BR 100% done!
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

Fernando Garcez:
pt_BR 100% done!
emoticon emoticon
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto,修改在10 年前。

Expert 帖子: 375 加入日期: 09-4-21 最近的帖子
Italian translation completed !!
thumbnail
Fernando Garcez,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 7 加入日期: 10-10-4 最近的帖子
Hey, we are still adding new keys?!

Just looked now and there are 255 new words for pt_BR, theres go my 100% emoticon
thumbnail
Juan Fernández,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1261 加入日期: 08-10-2 最近的帖子
Fernando Garcez:
Hey, we are still adding new keys?!

Just looked now and there are 255 new words for pt_BR, theres go my 100% emoticon

Hi Fernando! Sorry about that. Yesterday there was a commit that added 27 new language keys, but it was necessary.
I'm trying to stop engineering from adding more, but there might be some cases where it is mandatory in order to have a usable UI.
Thanks for your hard work, all!
Juan
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto,修改在10 年前。

Expert 帖子: 375 加入日期: 09-4-21 最近的帖子
Hi Juan,

do you know if there is a way to be notified by Poolte or subscribe changes on resource bundles ?

Thanks,
Regards.

Denis.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1313 加入日期: 06-10-3 最近的帖子
Denis Signoretto:
Hi Juan,

do you know if there is a way to be notified by Poolte or subscribe changes on resource bundles ?

Thanks,
Regards.

Denis.

BTW Milan suggested a new version of pootle that has these kind of features.
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/27856901

- News alerts can now be sent via email to project participants.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems,修改在10 年前。

Also note that Pootle is not on 6.2 but on trunk hence there are keys that do not even exist in 6.2
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman,修改在10 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 230 加入日期: 07-9-27 最近的帖子
Hi James,

Today is the last date to put translations, but what is the last moment emoticon

Finnish is 100% .. but I'm still testing and fixing some terms.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems,修改在10 年前。

We need more time too ! so i suppose it is at least 23:59 UTC or at best PDT!
thumbnail
Juan Fernández,修改在10 年前。

Hi translators!
I wanted to give you as much information as I know about the release process and how it affects the translation team.

The final date for translations was set to today because next Friday's RC release can *potentially* become GA. This means that only if QA decides it has enough stability and maturity to be a GA it will be released. This is the initial plan we are all fighting to be the actual plan.

Knowing that you are working like crazy to get the translations done (good job, all!) we have a plan B (and actually, a plan C, and D... emoticon). Two things can happen this Friday:

1) We release RC, it passes QA and becomes GA
There are several plans for the translations:

- Plan B: if a language is 100% translated, before the version gets renamed to GA we will push the translations in (that would give us a couple extra days for the translations)
- Plan C: we release a language fix pack later on the release process (will would update you with the new release date)
- Plan D: we relase a language hook in the marketplace with extra translations

2) We release RC, it doesn't pass QA
We have a full extra week! Yay! emoticon

What I want to say is that, if you make it for today, awesome! but there is hope for your translations to be part of the product in case you can't make it for today.

ps: a piece of bad news. There are a bunch of new language keys that are going to appear soon in Pootle (only 50! don't be scared!), so you might see your % decreased a little bit.

Go team! You're doing great!
I think this is going to be the best translated version of Liferay Portal!
Thanks all!

Juan
thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman,修改在10 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 230 加入日期: 07-9-27 最近的帖子
Juan Fernández:
2) We release RC, it doesn't pass QA
We have a full extra week! Yay! emoticon

So guys, now we also have to find out the blocker issue to get extra week. emoticon

Juan Fernández:
ps: a piece of bad news. There are a bunch of new language keys that are going to appear soon in Pootle (only 50! don't be scared!), so you might see your % decreased a little bit.

Hopefully those 50 are easy.
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

[Sorry for the original post by Ron S. This is what I get for letting Ron use my browser! emoticon]

Juan Fernández:
Hi translators!
I wanted to give you as much information as I know about the release process and how it affects the translation team.
Thanks Juan for the detailed info, backup plans, and for fighting the good fight (re: release dates) emoticon

I'm working on my "Klingon" translation but probably will have to wait for 6.next emoticon

Go team! You're doing great!
I think this is going to be the best translated version of Liferay Portal!
Thanks all!

Juan

Yeah, it's really great to see such enthusiasm in making Liferay support so many languages and locales, so thanks to the entire team for making that happen. I often "accidently" run it in a foreign language in demos just to show it off!
thumbnail
Rasto Rehak,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 66 加入日期: 07-3-8 最近的帖子
Juan Fernández:

Well, those 50 are actually 290 words. Translated.
thumbnail
Juan Fernández,修改在10 年前。

Rasto Rehak:
Well, those 50 are actually 290 words. Translated.

Great, Rasto!
Thanks!
ps: I was talking about language keys, not words. Sorry about that.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2871 加入日期: 06-8-31 最近的帖子
Hey guys,

It's very energizing to see so many people working so hard to get the translations done, thanks so much.

Since I see that adding new keys impacts this work negatively I wanted to give you a heads up that we had to add a new key today. We tried to avoid it by all means, but it ended up being necessary in order to solve https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-32515. The new key is only used if the site admin does something that they should never ever do. The key is to explain him why the portal couldn't do what he wanted. Here it is:

you-cannot-delete-this-page-because-the-next-page-is-not-vieweable-by-unathenticated-users-and-so-cannot-be-the-first-page=You cannot delete this page because the next page is not vieweable by unathenticated users and so cannot be the first page.

Also related to this change a very similar key was changed for readability and consistency:

you-cannot-delete-this-page-because-the-next-page-is-of-type-x-and-so-cannot-be-the-first-page=You cannot delete this page because the next page is of type {0} and so cannot be the first page.

This key is only shown in rare scenarios so I don't think it's a big deal if it's not translated.
thumbnail
Rasto Rehak,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 66 加入日期: 07-3-8 最近的帖子
Hi
RC2 is out, but I can't see the translations there. I compared Pootle to published source and release and it is different. I thought it automated process, isn't it?
I'v checked languages - sk,hu,fr,it,nb - which are 100% translated in Pootle but in downloaded source code there are many keys with "(Automatic copy)".

Rasto.
thumbnail
Brendan Johan Lee,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 38 加入日期: 12-2-29 最近的帖子
Juan Fernández:

Hmmm. Sneaking in new keys while I'm gone on a business trip. Oh well. Speedtranslated everything, so now the Norwegian translation is back up to 100% emoticon
thumbnail
Brendan Johan Lee,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 38 加入日期: 12-2-29 最近的帖子
BTW. Since all of this translation effort made it impossible to do any beta testing, I think we should get t-shirts as well ;)
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

Brendan Johan Lee:
BTW. Since all of this translation effort made it impossible to do any beta testing, I think we should get t-shirts as well ;)

At a minimum, everyone on the hall of fame will get a release tee shirt at some point. So you're good to go emoticon