留言板

Announcement: Liferay Faces 4.x M1 Released (JSF 2.2 Support)

thumbnail
Neil Griffin,修改在10 年前。

Announcement: Liferay Faces 4.x M1 Released (JSF 2.2 Support)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2655 加入日期: 05-7-27 最近的帖子
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to mention here in the forums that we released Liferay Faces 4.x M1 with support for JSF 2.2.

For more details, see the blog announcement.

-- Neil
thumbnail
Oleg Efimov,修改在9 年前。

RE: Announcement: Liferay Faces 4.x M1 Released (JSF 2.2 Support)

New Member 帖子: 21 加入日期: 14-7-10 最近的帖子
Hi Neil,

I'm using Liferay 6.2 + Liferay Faces Bridge 4.2.0-m1 + MyFaces 2.2.4 (I haven't found in the docs if MyFaces is officially supported by you, but it works).

The problem I faced was that MyFaces and Mojarra created UIViewRoot using different methods of javax.faces.application.Application:
  • Mojarra uses createComponent(String) (see com.sun.faces.application.view.ViewHandlingStrategy:142)
  • MyFaces uses createComponent(FacesContext, String, String) (see org.apache.myfaces.shared.view.ViewDeclarationLanguageBase:53)

Bridge implementation currently overrides only the method Mojarra uses. After I patched the class com.liferay.faces.bridge.application.ApplicationImpl, overriding the method for MyFaces, everything started working nicely:
    @Override
    public UIComponent createComponent(FacesContext facesContext, String componentType, String rendererType) {
        if (componentType.equals(UIViewRoot.COMPONENT_TYPE) && BridgeUtil.isPortletRequest()) {
            return createComponent(componentType);
        } else {
            return super.createComponent(facesContext, componentType, rendererType);
        }
    }

So I suggest including this patch in the next version.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin,修改在9 年前。

Hi Oleg,

Thanks so much for reporting this problem. I created FACES-1967 in order to track this to closure. When you get a chance, can you follow the steps in the Contributing to Liferay Faces wiki article and send a pull request with your contribution?

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail
Neil Griffin,修改在9 年前。

BTW, we are not able to support MyFaces in production at this time because there are too many other portlet-related issues/incompatibilities. However, we are happy to merge any fixes that might make MyFaces work better.
thumbnail
Oleg Efimov,修改在9 年前。

Hi Neil,

Created pull request.

Two more questions please:
  • Approximately at what date 4.2.0 M2/RC/GA is scheduled?
  • Is there a chance my changes make it to the release?

Cheers,
Oleg.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin,修改在9 年前。

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for sending the pull request. Can I also ask you to please complete Step 12 from the Contributing to Liferay Faces wiki article?

Approximately at what date 4.2.0 M2/RC/GA is scheduled?

We don't have production release dates yet for 4.2.0-GA, but we hope to show a technology preview in the next few weeks and a BETA release in late September.

Is there a chance my changes make it to the release?

Sure, please complete Step 12 and we will try to get it merged in the next 2-3 weeks.

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail
Oleg Efimov,修改在9 年前。

Done with step 12 emoticon BTW -- maybe it should be highlighted somehow, it's really easy to miss it after very prominent step 11.

Regards,
Oleg.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin,修改在9 年前。

Hi Oleg,

Oleg Efimov:
Done with step 12 emoticon BTW -- maybe it should be highlighted somehow, it's really easy to miss it after very prominent step 11.

Thanks so much for the advice -- I just applied a yellow background color highlight to Step 12.

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail
Oleg Efimov,修改在9 年前。

Hi Neil,

Any chances this pull request (https://github.com/liferay/liferay-faces/pull/250) will make it into release?

Thanks,
Oleg.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin,修改在9 年前。

Hi Oleg,

I just updated the FACES-1967 ticket -- we are hoping to be able to merge pull request 250 by late November. I'm sorry for the delay -- our development sprint schedule is controlling the timeline right now. Thanks so much for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Neil