留言板

Get the total score that user has earned on particular date

thumbnail
Nilesh Gundecha,修改在10 年前。

Get the total score that user has earned on particular date

Regular Member 帖子: 205 加入日期: 09-12-1 最近的帖子
I am using Liferay 6.1 GA3 CE and working on Social Equity feature of Liferay. Is there a way to get the total score that user has earned on particular date?

I studied the Social Activity DB tables but could not figure out how to map the individual activities (where I know the activity date) to the activity counters. I assume that somewhere in some form this information is captured. Any help is highly appreciable.

Thanks,
Nilesh
thumbnail

RE: Get the total score that user has earned on particular date

Any inputs will really be very helpful. Thanks.

- Nilesh
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
Nilesh Gundecha:
Any inputs will really be very helpful. Thanks.

- Nilesh

I don't think this is possible, because the SocialActivityCounters are all based on the pre-defined period (by default 1 month). I suppose you could define your period to be 1 day, but that's not going to scale very well I don't think. You can try it by setting social.activity.counter.period.length=1 in your portal-ext.properties file.
thumbnail

Thanks for the reply James.

I am surprised that Liferay does not capture this critical information. There can be many scenarios when we may need this. Like for eg., I may want to know in last week how many points user has earned and from what all activities.

Whats your opinion? I think this information is very critical to track.

Regards,
Nilesh
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
Nilesh Gundecha:
Thanks for the reply James.

I am surprised that Liferay does not capture this critical information. There can be many scenarios when we may need this. Like for eg., I may want to know in last week how many points user has earned and from what all activities.

Whats your opinion? I think this information is very critical to track.

Regards,
Nilesh

Knowing the exact value on the exact day I don't think is important for the use case that social activity is attempting to solve (driving user participation). You can tune the period to 1 week if you want it at that granularity, but any smaller and I think you don't gain enough value (ability to spot trends) for the cost (scalability). It's not super important (at least to me) to see daily activity... Also, you commented on this blog post so you undoubtedly know the reasons behind the change to this model emoticon
thumbnail
Dilip Thomas Ittyera,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 09-12-21 最近的帖子
Hi James,

The importance of keeping track of activity based points become clear if the use case also extends to redemption of points! That's when users need to be provided, for example, a statement of how they earned & redeemed points.

We are a startup & our product is a social enterprise Innovation platform built on Liferay. And Social Equity is a critical part of Verve.

I would be happy to provide you further details in case you are interested.

Regards,
Dilip