留言板

Where is portal-kernel JAR?

Franklin Phan,修改在14 年前。

Where is portal-kernel JAR?

Regular Member 帖子: 137 加入日期: 09-3-10 最近的帖子
I see portal-impl.jar (only in the WEB-INF/lib of the Liferay WAR file) but do not see a JAR for portal-kernel.
I am trying to compile the hellostruts-portlet mentioned here but am getting cannot find symbol errors during compile because com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.LiferayPortlet is not in the class path.

Using Liferay 5.2.3, NetBeans 6.7.1.
Franklin Phan,修改在14 年前。

RE: Where is portal-kernel JAR?

Regular Member 帖子: 137 加入日期: 09-3-10 最近的帖子
Found it in the dependencies.zip.
thumbnail
Renee Talabucon,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 31 加入日期: 10-3-29 最近的帖子
Hi!

I'm working with the new Liferay 6 RC2 (still waiting for GA Release) and I'm missing the portal-kernel.jar as well (it's not in liferay-portal-dependencies-6.0.2.zip).

The reason I need the new one is because I'm getting the error : (from server.log)

Error creating bean with name 'com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.common.EntityCacheImpl#1b4173c' defined in class path resource [META-INF/util-spring.xml]:

Anyone know what this is? Any ideas? Highly appreciated! Thanks.

Cheers,
Renee
thumbnail
Baptiste Grenier,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 100 加入日期: 09-6-30 最近的帖子
Hi,
Perhaps you should have created a new thread...

In Liferay 6 portal-kernel.jar has been merged with portal-service.jar
thumbnail
Renee Talabucon,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 31 加入日期: 10-3-29 最近的帖子
Yup. thanks! I was thinking of that. With further research, I also learned that portal-kernel.jar was merged with portal-service.jar ~ emoticon

Cheers,
Renee
Monika Bhasin,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 08-10-12 最近的帖子
Hi I have downloaded liferay portal 6.2 SP1 bundled with Tomcat 7 along with dependencies available in liferay-portal-dependencies-6.2.0-ce-ga1 folder. I replaced the dependencies file portal-service, portlet and hsql in liferay portal server folder.
Server started but when I launch the URL I am getting following error.

uctor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/liferay/portal/kernel/security/SecureRandom at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:964) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:910) at

I checked the portal-service jar have file com/liferay/portal/kernel/security/SecureRandomUtil.class instead of SecureRandom.class. Do I need to replace any other dependency file.
You help will be appreciated.

Thanks
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 541 加入日期: 08-12-1 最近的帖子
Hi Monika,

If you downloaded the Liferay bundle there is no need for the dependancies zip file. That is only used when you are installing the Liferay .war file to an existing app server or servlet container.

With the bundle you just need to download it, unzip it, and run the appropriate startup file (.bat or .sh). Take a look at the Installation & Setup section of the User Guide for additional help.
Monika Bhasin,修改在10 年前。

Thanks for the quick response. I replaced the jar with packaged one and it worked fine.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Monika
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Hi Monica,

I agree with Jeffrey that you shouldn't need to replace anything if using the bundle.

Anyway, I guess your tomcat doesn't take care of jar libraries in lib/ext. Can you try setting this property:

common.loader=${catalina.base}/lib,${catalina.base}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar,${catalina.home}/lib/ext,${catalina.home}/lib/ext/*.jar

in your tomcat/conf/catalina.properties file and restart?
Monika Bhasin,修改在10 年前。

Thanks for your input Juan. I verified the configuration and it is same.
The server launched successfully after replacing jars of original package.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Monika