留言板

Liferay 6.2 and Integrated CAS , forgot password misleading flow

thumbnail
Michele Zanarotti,修改在9 年前。

Liferay 6.2 and Integrated CAS , forgot password misleading flow

Junior Member 帖子: 94 加入日期: 12-2-20 最近的帖子
Hi.
I recently integrated CAS with Liferay 6.2, because I have a website that needs to use Liferay users as a repository for all federated websites.

CAS is working flawlessly when authenticating users. The advantage with this implementation is that CAS only does authentication while Liferay manages everything related to User credential (anyway Liferay is entirely under HTTPS).

But I noticed a very undesidered behaviour with the 'forgot password'. I placed a link on the CAS login page that redirects the users in the Liferay page for the lost password. So the flow is this.

1. User enter Liferay and click on Login.
2. User is redirected to CAS and click on the link 'Forgot Password'
3. The User is redirected to a Liferay login portlet in the 'forgot password' view (maybe the link must have some special properties ?)
4. The user compiles his email and the captcha.
5. The user receive the reset link in email , but in the meanwhile he's redirected again with the standard liferay 'login' page !! (but this is incorrect anyway, cas or not, because the user should access with a reset link)

At the point 5 I should have only a message telling me that an email has been sent, and no more. There's no use for a login prompt there.

And ... there's the following problem after the password reset :
The user is logged on after password update (through email link) completely bypassing CAS . There's is some way to avoid AutoLogin after password renewal ?
Rafael Jorques,修改在9 年前。

RE: Liferay 6.2 and Integrated CAS , forgot password misleading flow

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 15-3-5 最近的帖子
Hi, I'm having the same issue Michele describes. Please, could anyone from the staff answer that post?
This is basically the only place I have found someone with the same problem. Other posts suggest to use hooks in order to override the struts actions for update_password but it would be good if we could avoid doing that, since it actually looks like an issue of Portal/CAS integration. Please, respond as soon as possible, thanks.

Im using Liferay 6.1.
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 549 加入日期: 11-6-25 最近的帖子
Hello Rafael,
I'm afraid it is not configurable anywhere so you will need to hook that struts action.

Regards,
KG
Rafael Jorques,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 15-3-5 最近的帖子
Hi,
Could you explain it more in detail? I have followed tutorials but I'm not sure how to login CAS from the hooks. I'm also trying to update the source code of UpdatePasswordAction.java so the CAS login is performed on execution : I disabled the login on password update, but more ideal would be to automatically log also in CAS. Thanks in advance. Please answer as soon as possible (it would be ideal if you could provide the Action code for connecting )