留言板

It takes us 4 more days to import a large LAR file

dong huong,修改在9 年前。

It takes us 4 more days to import a large LAR file

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 14-7-9 最近的帖子
Dear all,

We have a problem when we try to import a large LAR file. It is about 500MB. It take us 4 more days to import and it still not finish.

Could you please give us some suggestions?

We deeply appreciate your help.

Thanks & best regards,
Dong Huong
thumbnail
Zsigmond Rab,修改在9 年前。

RE: It takes us 4 more days to import a large LAR file

Liferay Master 帖子: 728 加入日期: 10-1-5 最近的帖子
Hi Dong,

which version of the portal are you using? There have been problems with large lar files, however, that should be much better in case of 6.2.

In general, if you have any problem like this the best is to debug what may cause the problem. Thread dumps, db level slow query logs can help to locate the root of the problem.

Regards,
Zsigmond
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

RE: It takes us 4 more days to import a large LAR file

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
To add to what Zsigmond Rab said, it is important to note that LAR imports is not a good "bulk import" mechanism.

Basically the LAR import involves repeatedly calling the Liferay APIs to add individual information, and for large LAR files this is usually a bulk upload. The LAR process is not tuned for bulk loading. For example, when importing users there's the add to the database followed by the update of the index, possible ldap synchronization, ...

Now, if I had to bulk upload a lot of users I certainly wouldn't want to do it as a LAR import. I would build a tool to do the database inserts w/o index updates, ldap, etc. Let all that crap wait until the db population is done, then trigger index rebuilds, ldap exports, ...

You get the idea.

Note, however, that I am not advocating updating the DB directly - this is still a no-no. You have to see how the Liferay API handles the load of the individual records to ensure that all of the same things happen, and this is not something that you'll see by just pushing into the table(s).