留言板

Tagging user profile not showing up in tag cloud portlet

Mohan Krishna,修改在9 年前。

Tagging user profile not showing up in tag cloud portlet

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 11-6-12 最近的帖子
I am adding tags to user profile and configured the tag cloud portlet on a page to display asset type User. However, it is not displaying any tags. I am able to see tags for asset type like web content. Has anyone tried this? Couldn't imagine there needs to be any other configuration that is required. What I am expecting is to provide a tag cloud based on user profiles and when the user clicks one of the tags it should list the users having that tag in their profile.

Thanks
Krishna
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在9 年前。

RE: Tagging user profile not showing up in tag cloud portlet

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
Mohan Krishna:
I am adding tags to user profile and configured the tag cloud portlet on a page to display asset type User. However, it is not displaying any tags. I am able to see tags for asset type like web content. Has anyone tried this? Couldn't imagine there needs to be any other configuration that is required. What I am expecting is to provide a tag cloud based on user profiles and when the user clicks one of the tags it should list the users having that tag in their profile.

Thanks
Krishna

Hey Krishna, I think this is intended behavior, but could be useful - the problem is that users are special kinds of "assets" -- they can have tags associated with them, but they aren't considered a publishable asset (like a blog or a web content article). So while each user tag is in the global scope, the asset entries in the database that are created when you tag a user are in the scope of the user themselves (each user has an associated "group"). So the tag cloud doesn't show these tags because the user is not in scope (even though the tag is).

You can see this if you give a user a tag (say, 'usertag'), then go and try to create a web content article in the global scope, and click on "categorization" and type 'u' -- it will autocomplete with usertag because it knows that tag is in the global scope.

You could create a custom Application Display Template for the tag cloud portlet, and retrieve the tags yourself, but even if you did that, clicking on the tag won't magically show you a list of users with that tag - you'd also need to create a custom portlet to display a list of users based on tag, because the out-of-the-box "Portal Directory" portlet does not have this behavior.