留言板

Liferay integration with other web apps

Steven Zeng,修改在9 年前。

Liferay integration with other web apps

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 13-2-17 最近的帖子
I'd like to plug some existing web apps into Liferay. Some of the apps are built using other technology stacks, such as PHP, Python and Node etc. My expectation is to use web proxy portlet or IFrame portlet to reverse proxy traffic through Liferay. And this part actually only requires a very simple setup. My question is how to pass some user's Liferay attributes to the web app behind the proxy, such as user identity info and other user pref settings (since user is already logged in Liferay), and is it possible to add additional attributes? I've seen other portal products passing that kind of info using HTTP headers and/or provide API/Web services, not sure how to do that in Liferay? Thanks.
gordon daniels,修改在9 年前。

RE: Liferay integration with other web apps

Liferay Master 帖子: 797 加入日期: 08-8-24 最近的帖子
Steven: Web proxy is a bear to get right, so I would use iframe. It has been very reliable for me. You can configure it so it requires authentication. The problem with both technologies is that once you leave the portal server you are sending things in clear text. I use iframe on webapps that are on the same server or within my cloud.

As far as passing thru users info, you might try samsl or cas. I remeber one post years ago that said they used ldap to accomplish that.

good luck
Steven Zeng,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 13-2-17 最近的帖子
Gordon,

Thank you for your quick response.

Disappointed to hear that Liferay lacks this kind of capabilities. One of the most important portal feature is to mash up dynamic content from various source systems. What I need is to have traffic flow from client -> Liferay -> backend and use Liferay as a facade to other systems in my company. This means Liferay will rewrite backend urls to Liferay url, handles all user authentication and provides a light way to pass liferay user's info to downstream systems.
gordon daniels,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 797 加入日期: 08-8-24 最近的帖子
I think maybe you misunderstood me. You can do those things. Especially using web services which is documented in LR's docs. Also, as I said you can use single signon to pass identity creds to other apps. Again this is documented pretty well.

If you use web services, there is going to be alot of programming. SSO, is pretty easy to implement.

I wish you all the best.