留言板

Unable to Integrate microsoft office into Documents & media Portlet

thumbnail
chandan B,修改在9 年前。

Unable to Integrate microsoft office into Documents & media Portlet

Junior Member 帖子: 64 加入日期: 14-8-6 最近的帖子
The "Open in MS Office" option is not available in the dropdown menu for files in the Documents and Media Portlet.

Screenshot as it is supposed to appear (as given in the user guide)

Screenshot as it is appearing to me now:

I'm using the community edition. The user guides have been no help till now. Is there any configuration setup to be done before I can open documents in the portlet externally using MS Office?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

RE: Unable to Integrate microsoft office into Documents & media Portlet

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14915 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Office access gets enabled I believe with webdav access (MS can't directly get into the portal, but if you have webdav enabled you get a url that windows can use to access the file). Also you may need to be using IE (I don't know if it is a cross-browser thing on windows or not) and have office installed locally (but again I don't think Liferay actually can interrogate the local system to see if it is there).
thumbnail

Also there's a note on the page that only 32 bit IE and 32 bit office are supported, the 64 bit of either will not work.
thumbnail
chandan B,修改在9 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 64 加入日期: 14-8-6 最近的帖子
David H Nebinger:
Also there's a note on the page that only 32 bit IE and 32 bit office are supported, the 64 bit of either will not work.

Thanks David. It is working only with IE but not with other browsers.
thumbnail

Yeah, I couldn't see Chrome or Firefox including the ability to a) determine if office was available and b) have any kind of integration with Office instead of other open options.

Glad you got it working though.