留言板

Allow usernames to have spaces in them

Leigh Reed,修改在14 年前。

Allow usernames to have spaces in them

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 09-10-28 最近的帖子
Hi,

Everyone in our company logs in to there computer and many other applications using their name which have spaces in, for example joebloggs would be Joe Bloggs.

I have noticed while trying to setup Liferay that I cannot setup or import users that have spaces in there name. As a result I cannot get Liferay to work with Active Directory using LDAP because it won't import any user with a space in it.

I tried setting up users manually but it converts the space to a "-".

You might think its not such a big deal but for ease of use it would make life easier if you could have spaces in the usernames. Telling everyone they have to use a different username to login just this one thing is a pain for me as an admin and the user. The only other alternative is to change everyone's logins for everything to their name without a space in which should be an unnecessary task.

Is this possible or is there a reason that its not been implemented?

Thanks

Leigh
thumbnail
Juan Fernández,修改在14 年前。

RE: Allow usernames to have spaces in them

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1261 加入日期: 08-10-2 最近的帖子
You can authenticate with the user email... would it be enough to solve it?
If it isn't, I think you will have to modify the core User functions... and that will be painful..
Leigh Reed,修改在14 年前。

Hi,

Using the email address should be ok but I don't know how to implement it?

I'm just curious as to why it doesn't work out of the box? It would make sense unless it really is such a pain to get working. Just seems strange as we use 3 other webapps that use LDAP and can authenticate usernames with spaces. I guess the difference is that they only authenticate whereas Liferay actually imports the users.

Thanks

Leigh
thumbnail
Juan Fernández,修改在14 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1261 加入日期: 08-10-2 最近的帖子
Leigh Reed:

Using the email address should be ok but I don't know how to implement it?

Just change this variable in portal.properties:

company.security.auth.type=emailAddress

Regards
Leigh Reed,修改在14 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for your help but this is essentially useless as it doesn't matter what kind of authorisation is used, email or screenname as the problem is with importing users from Active Directory. Liferay will not import any user that has a space in their name.

I was really hoping it would work as I now have to manually enter in every user, oh fun emoticon

So thanks anyway but i really hope this becomes available in a future release.

Leigh