留言板

Liferay 6.2. social office user bar and dockbar

thumbnail
Yannis Konstas,修改在9 年前。

Liferay 6.2. social office user bar and dockbar

Junior Member 帖子: 40 加入日期: 14-6-27 最近的帖子
In users' personal sites pages(/user/xx/so/dashboard), user bar and dockbar are not accessible from any user without the power user or administrator role. In every other site's page, users can normally access it without these 2 roles. Why is this happening?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

RE: Liferay 6.2. social office user bar and dockbar

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
I don't remember, exactly, but doesn't SO have it's own dockbar portlet w/ different features?

I mean, it is possible to add necessary permissions for the normal dockbar so general users can get to it, if SO has it's own dockbar portlet then you may just need to add permissions for that portlet to the user role...

But that may be a) my bad memory or even b) something that is version dependent that may not apply to you. I'm at the Liferay Symposium right now and don't have access to my stuff to help you further right now, but I'd try pursuing the permissions approach for the User role.
thumbnail
Yannis Konstas,修改在9 年前。

Hi David,
That's true, SO has its own dockbar portlet(user_bar within so-portlet). The strange thing is that every user with the "Social Office User" role should have access to this dockbar from every site, however this is not the case in users' personal sites except for those users who possess the Power User or the Administrator role.
I have tried to add proper permissions about this portlet in Social Office User role but the only relevant application I found was 'Dockbar Notifications' and I'm still getting the same 'don't have the roles required to access this portlet' message.
thumbnail
Evan Thibodeau,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 14 加入日期: 12-3-29 最近的帖子
Hi Yannis,

Currently Social Office requires users to not only have the "Social Office User" role but also the "Power User" role in order to fully function.

Is there a specific reason you do not want to give users the "Power User" role?
thumbnail

I don't know about yannis, but normally it's because you don't want to give the user any more than necessary. emoticon
thumbnail
Yannis Konstas,修改在9 年前。

Yes, this is the reason, however Evan's answer explains why this roles error message appears.
thumbnail
Evan Thibodeau,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 14 加入日期: 12-3-29 最近的帖子
Hey Yannis and David too,

It's really interesting to hear your perspective on this. Could you guys be more specific regarding what permissions of the power user you are most interested in avoiding? Also, in these types of cases would you be giving some users the power user function but maybe not all?

Thanks.
thumbnail

Power user in core typically means user gets personal pages, private pages, etc. Just because one wants some SO features doesn't mean one wants to open the floodgates...

That being said, sure I know there are a bunch of ways to grant the role yet remove the privs. I'm really more of an interloper here at this point, so you should take my reply as though it comes from the devil's advocate.
thumbnail
Yannis Konstas,修改在9 年前。

Hi Evan,

Well, to my point of view SO portlets should be independent from a specific role in order to be functional. What I mean is that roles actually are permissions, so it looks to me more reasonable, when a user grants these permissions from another role and the portlet accepts this role(either by default or by customizing), that he will be able to access the portlet.