留言板

Crop and save image - custom

Anonymous Anonymous,修改在9 年前。

Crop and save image - custom

Regular Member 帖子: 127 加入日期: 19-9-16 最近的帖子
Well, I've been trying to solve this issue but there is always a problem with anything we might try. Then I tried a lot to confirm this operation. What I have done here is I sent a cropped image in a string which encoded with Base64. Then after getting string in class file i updated image table with new images. I have tagged war file below.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

RE: Crop and save image - custom

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Your partner posted the same message on a different category, but neither one of you said anything about what problem you have.

Hi Nebinger,

David H Nebinger:
Your partner posted the same message on a different category.

Duplicates removed

but neither one of you said anything about what problem you have.

please go through the below link to understand our problem

https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/13384944
https://issues.liferay.com/secure/attachment/44533/Feature%20Request%20-%20Image%20Crop%20%26%20Resize.pdf

more over the main issue what we are facing before this post is, We cannot find these exact solution by googling .
so we thought of sorting out this issue as most of the people required this functionality

Regards
Enayath
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Ah, none of that has been clear before.

There are a couple of parts to the issue:

1. How do you crop an image in Java? Well, there are many examples how to do this, such as http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2386064/how-do-i-crop-an-image-in-java Basically there is nothing magical with respect to Liferay about how to crop an image in java.

2. Under what circumstances do you want to crop an image? Well, if you're talking a profile picture, then you'd do one thing, if it's cropping of all images you'd do something different.

3. How can a user crop an image? Well, this is custom code that you'd have to create for the whole user interface portion. I've done one of these and it is not complicated yet not a lot of fun either (most of your work is in javascript, not really portal stuff per se).

Mixing them all together in asking for a portal feature to allow a user to crop an image doesn't really indicate where you're asking for support. Do you want the interface? If so, realize that many users want to customize Liferay's default handling of most interface elements, so building one that is also customizable is difficult. Are you asking for hooks into the right place so that you can add automatic cropping? If so, I don't know where you need it so I wouldn't know how to point you in the right direction. And as far as how to do it, well that's just a different google search to figure out how to do it.

David H Nebinger:
Ah, none of that has been clear before.

2. Under what circumstances do you want to crop an image? Well, if you're talking a profile picture, then you'd do one thing, if it's cropping of all images you'd do something different.

3. How can a user crop an image? Well, this is custom code that you'd have to create for the whole user interface portion. I've done one of these and it is not complicated yet not a lot of fun either (most of your work is in javascript, not really portal stuff per se).

yes David i am working on a African job portal where user set the profile picture ,initially i redirected the user to My Account page so that he can change the profile pic there .but i wanted to this while filling the resume so i moved into doing all this custom.

Thanks for the Heads up, David.

Regards
Enayath