留言板

Community vs Entterprise

thumbnail
Brian Ybarra,修改在9 年前。

Community vs Entterprise

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 15-1-8 最近的帖子
Hello, my name is Brian. I'm a new here. I want to try liferay, but don't know which will be the right portal to use i.e., community or enterprise.
I will be using it as personal in my business. I would like to get feedback between the two portal to know which portal is appropriate to use.

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

RE: Community vs Entterprise

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14917 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
CE is best explained as a "demonstration" of Liferay. That said, it is relatively complete functionality but receives no support from Liferay at all. Bugs are reported and fixed, but releases of CE lag significantly. As many of these bugs represent security issues, I typically recommend using Liferay as an intranet solution, one which is not exposed on the internet. CE is open source, so your only real options are community support, but there is quite a bit of knowledge available in the forums, the wiki, as well as general blogs.

EE is the supported product. You get regular bug fixes and patches and is generally more secure and therefore more appropriate for internet usage. EE comes with a cost, however. I don't know the details of pricing, but I'm sure if you reach out to Liferay they will put you together with a sales representative. I would recommend that you have certain details available prior to talking with the sales rep including the number of servers that you'll be running Liferay on (if multiples), your expected number of users, as well as basic information about your business. Because it is a fully supported product, you get patches and support from Liferay itself.

Because of the cost involved, some folks elect to use CE as an internet solution. When choosing this route, you should always remember that you are really on your own for installation, development, support and maintenance.
thumbnail
Brian Ybarra,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 15-1-8 最近的帖子
Thanks, David. I will talk first to sales rep to discuss it.
thumbnail
Nikhil Nishchal,修改在9 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 177 加入日期: 12-6-22 最近的帖子
Hello Brian Ybarra,
Thanks David for explaining details.
Some more links is also there:
https://www.liferay.com/downloads/liferay-portal/overview

http://catalogo.asac.as/documents/28537/0/LiferayPortalCE%26LiferayPortalEE.pdf/acd3749f-d950-45dc-aaa2-a884350631bd