留言板

Recommend me a framework for HTML5 pages

Nacho Sánchez,修改在9 年前。

Recommend me a framework for HTML5 pages

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 15-2-19 最近的帖子
Hi,

I'm involved in a medium-sized project which is big enough to have different teams doing different parts of the job. The interface design is being made in HTML5 and I'm the head of the team implementing all the logic behind that interface.

So I'll receive HTML5 pages and we'll have to implement all the java code behind it (receive the parameters, make queries to a database, take the results back to the interface, large etc)

I'm used to do all the code by myself by using JSF, but now I'm given the interface (which will use plain HTML5 with no JSF tags). Which framework is the best to work this way? Which one would you recommend?

The environment will be Liferay 6.2.

I'll be glad to hear some reasonable advice, better yet if it comes from personal experience.

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在9 年前。

RE: Recommend me a framework for HTML5 pages

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Hola Nacho,

since JSF 2.2 you can use HTML5 pass-through attributes. Thanks to that, you can design your HTML5 elements with just namespacing the JSF needed attributes.

There are a lot of examples like this:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/enterprise-html5-2227136.html

If you want to check it out in Liferay 6.2, you should use Liferay Faces 4.2 (or master branch in github for using latest features/fixes).

It would be great if you can give us feedback about HTML5 + pass-through attributes + Liferay Faces.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14915 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Ick. Crazy managers thinking the UI folks can crank out the page in dreamweaver and you can just use what they give you in the portlets... Juan's optimism aside, if you cannot convince them it is not a practical path I'd get out now.

It's probably not just a matter of the portlet building, they probably are going to want the same sort of thing for the theming, etc. Take the DW art and overlay it into the Liferay theme, hey no problem. Right.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2655 加入日期: 05-7-27 最近的帖子
Expanding on Juan's optimism, the JSF 2.2 HTML5 Friendly Markup feature allows the developer to mix HTML5 elements (like <input type="date">) with JSF component tags, and allows these HTML5 elements to participate in the JSF lifecycle. This provides for a very familiar development experience for JSF developers. We have an example of this in the jsf2-html5-portlet. You might also want to view part of the talk I gave at Liferay DevCon 2014 regarding the HTML5 Friendly Markup feature.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在9 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14915 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Neil, do you really think this can be done by someone cranking an html5 page out of DW or the like? Don't you have to have some portal experience in play when you create the html 5 page to begin with? I know I'm making some assumptions about what the OP is given and how he needs to use it, and whether it is accurate or not I think it is an interesting process question...

I know I sound overly pessimistic, but I have never had any luck trying to go this route. The output from DW and the like doesn't work against the portal/theme CSS and the CSS from those tools doesn't fit into the portal/theme either.

Unless the html5 fragment (not whole page) is used as just an unstyled 'template', doesn't it become more work trying to hack it all together?
Nacho Sánchez,修改在9 年前。

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 15-2-19 最近的帖子
Thank you all very much for your suggestions. I've been checking with other experienced analysts that have worked this way before with Liferay and who are also involved in this project and they said that Liferay MVC was without any doubt the way to go. I was also predisposed to it because the client has a lot of very specific interface requirements that would almost make impossible the use of any of JSF's more "advanced" tags. Using Primefaces or any other advanced framework to use outputText and little more would make no sense to us. I look forward to using JSF in the future, when we have a less constrained environment where I have more freedom to choose both the technology and the characteristics of every portlet.
It was very nice to have several of Liferay's "living legends" (and that goes for David too, who's not part of the staff but is always of great help in the forums) share their point of view on this, thanks again!