留言板

Portlet Container Vs Portal Server.

thumbnail
Neha Goyal,修改在8 年前。

Portlet Container Vs Portal Server.

Regular Member 帖子: 121 加入日期: 13-5-14 最近的帖子
Hi Guys..

Could any one tell me some basic difference between Portlet Container and Portal Server.
I know like A Portlet container runs portlets and provides them with the required runtime environment. A portlet container contains portlets and manages their life cycles. It also provides persistent storage mechanisms for the portlet preferences while Portal Server provides suntime environment for integrating LDAP,CMS and other.

Could any one tell me some more and clear view point on above.

I would be very much thankful to you.

Best Regards:
Neha Goyal
thumbnail
Raja Seth,修改在8 年前。

RE: Portlet Container Vs Portal Server.

Regular Member 帖子: 233 加入日期: 11-8-18 最近的帖子
Hi Neha,

I guess the answer of your question is here : http://blog.yamanyar.com/2009/04/difference-between-portal-portlet-and.html

Regards,
Raja
thumbnail
Neha Goyal,修改在8 年前。

Thank you..Its good.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Neha Goyal:
I know like A Portlet container runs portlets and provides them with the required runtime environment. A portlet container contains portlets and manages their life cycles. It also provides persistent storage mechanisms for the portlet preferences while Portal Server provides suntime environment for integrating LDAP,CMS and other.

That's basically it. The portlet container implements the functionality per JSR-168 and JSR-286 that define the portlet specification.

The portal server is the surround supporting stuff to bring it all together. It's more than just LDAP and CMS, for Liferay it includes the theming engine, bridging frameworks for hosting portlets built using different technologies, services for messaging, shared data, etc.
thumbnail
Neha Goyal,修改在8 年前。

Hi David,

Thanking you for sharing these information.It was good.
David,where can i find more about portlet container and portal server.I wanted to know much more about this.
Can provide us some link or related document for above.
I would be thankful to you.

Best Regards:
Neha Goyal
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
To what end? I've been a Liferay developer for 9 years and didn't need to understand the line between the two or which category functionality should fall...

I ask because, depending upon your purpose, it may be more appropriate to suggest Liferay in Action for development, Portlets in Action for general JSR details, or some other reference.
thumbnail
Neha Goyal,修改在8 年前。

Thanks a lot David...i will follow "Liferay in Action".